Thread: Saved Games are not there in Alpha Protocol

Saved Games are not there in Alpha Protocol

I have installed the 64 bit Windows 7 operating system on my computer and i have bought an Alpha Protocol from the Steam. I played this for some around 2 hour then ended it by saving the game. Now when i want to load the game then i got into Load Games and saw that there was saved game. What could be wrong over here and why my game was not saved last night?

Re: Saved Games are not there in Alpha Protocol

I think you have made some mistake while saving your game on your windows 7 computer system. Actually saving the game in an Alpha Protocol take bit more time to save the game so it might happen that you would have quit the game before the saving has been done properly. I suggest you to save the game again and then check that is it saving the games or not.

There would be some mistake have done while installing an Alpha Protocol on your computer. Actually the mistake might have happened from the end of Steam and because of which some of an options might not be working. Have you tried "verify integrity of game cache"? I do not have any idea about Windows 7 but on Windows XP system it saves it in "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Dokumenter\Alpha Protocol"

I have never played an Alpha Protocol but i think every games need to be set up the path to save the games. I guess there would be some wrong path has been set on your Alpha Protocol such as of some external drive or a folder which does not exists. So saving games would not be really saving it on your hard disk. I think you should check that what path has been set for saving the games.

It might happen that something has been leaved while installing an Alpha Protocol and because of which you did not got any chance to set the path for saving the games or that particular option has been not activated. I suggest you to reinstall the game and check that does it show any kind of ooption which lets you make enable this option. Though it should be there after installing the game but if some another reason would be there behind this problem then also it would be getting sorted out.

I was having the same problem when i installed an Alpha Protocol on my computer system and this game was not at all saving my games so i just uninstalled it immediately as i was so angry by this function. But then when i reinstalled this game then it did worked. Actually now i can save all the games which i played and it is getting saved as well.

This problem is an amazing one as sega have made really good feature to make gamers angry by wasting there all the efforts for completing the levels. I had completed almost two levels while playing an Alpha protocol and dues to some hurry, I just saved the game and quit it but when i came back and saw that there was not game saved actually. I thought it would have happened as if i have quit the game bit earlier that is before saving the game. But now i came to know that there are lot of people who has faced this great feature of the game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

===== SOLUTION =====

The problem is that alpha protocol only seems able to locate the My Documents folder if it is on the same drive as the operating system. You can resolve the issue by moving your My Documents folder to the same drive as the operating system, or by creating a path for the drive on which your my documents folder is located on the same drive as your operating system, using the windows disk manager, and adjusting the my documents folder to point to your other drive via the folder created on the system drive

Don't ask me what bit of shoddy programming lead to this problem existing in the first place, or the complete failure in customer support that meant I spent half a day figuring out the cause and solution.