Thread: How to change Russian language to English in Alpha Protocol game

How to change Russian language to English in Alpha Protocol game

Hi, recently one of my friend has downloaded Alpha Protocol game from some site and gave a copy to me as well. I installed the game properly, without any issues. Now when i am trying to play the game, i got that the language is Russian. I searched lot to find the option for changing the language but there is no way out for the same. So, am here and hope you guys can help me. Please let me know how can change the russian language to english in Alpha Protocol ?

Re: How to change Russian language to English in Alpha Protocol game

Well, after searching a lot fortunately i found a solution for changing the language in Alpha Protocol. Hope it will work for you. Just try the following steps:

• Login to your user account and locate the game folder. Usually it is :
      C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config\APEngine
    • Now right click on APEngine.ini file and open it with text editor.

• Now scroll down and find the [Engine.Engine] division. You will find there the Language=RUS. Change and set it to Language=EN.

• Once done, save and close the file.

• Now you need to repeat the same process in BaseEngine.ini file.

• Locate the file with the following path:
      C:\Program Files\SEGA Corporation\Alpha Protocol\Engine\Config\BaseEngine
    • Open it with text editor by right clicking the BaseEngine.ini.

• Find the find the [Engine.Engine] section and change the language to Language=EN. Save and close the file.

That’s it. Now run the game. You will get it in English.

To change language go to Alpha Protocal folder and then engine. Now open config then open BaseEngine.ini. Press ctrl + F and search ‘lang’. Where it shows Russion language, delete it and then type "Change Language=RUS to Language=INT" and save the file.

Your language might have been changed now. Start playing the game.

I tried that, but it keeps telling me "Access is Denied" when I try to edit the one in the game's folder (No problems with the one in the user's, however.)
    Please, if anyone can help, it'd be most appreciated.

Oh, and I AM Administrator of the computer, so it isn't that.
    Last edited by Jalozyin; 23-08-2010 at 09:34 PM.

If your version of Alpha protocol runs in any other language than English (and if you want the game to switch to English), try the fix below:

1. Go to X:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config\APEngine (where X: is your system drive, usually C and open the APEngine.ini file with a text editor.

2. Scroll to the [Engine.Engine] section and set Language=EN. Save and close the file.

3. Go to X:\Program Files\SEGA Corporation\Alpha Protocol\Engine\Config\BaseEngine and Open BaseEngine.ini file with a text editor.

4. Scroll to the [Engine.Engine] section and set Language=EN. Save and close the file. Now start the game.

If you want to change the language to any other language than English, you may try a different language string. For example to switch it to Russian set Language=RUS. For this to work your copy of the game must be a MULTILANGUAGE version.

Hi,I have a same problem too but in different game...i have download Demon stone from website. when I instal and play for the first time Forgotten Realm emon Stone, i got language in Russian. I do not understand and i need somebody help me to changing the language. Please..teach me how to changing the language...i hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by wan94 View Post
    Hi,I have a same problem too but in different game...i have download Demon stone from website. when I instal and play for the first time Forgotten Realm emon Stone, i got language in Russian. I do not understand and i need somebody help me to changing the language. Please..teach me how to changing the language...i hope so...
    Isnt there any options ingame inside where you can select the choice of language that you want in the Demon stone game? By the way from which website did you download it? Is it a legal copy of the game? Incase if you have downloaded a pirated version then it is possible that you might have downloaded only the Russian language version of the game and hence it cannot be change to any other language and we wont be also not able to help you in this case, as it is against the rules of the forums.

theres also doing the regedit way. open up regeditor and search for your game. keep hitting find next till you see a key thats lable DEFAULT_LANGUAGE
    edit it mine said 7 i put in 1 an relaunched the game and its now in english. in that same subdirectory it should have defult an installdir. good luck with your adventures.