Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Protocol Game not starting

Alpha Protocol Game not starting

Hi, I am a Windows 7 user and having some problem with the game Alpha Protocol. When i tried running the game on my Win 7 laptop, it runs but very very slow. So i decided to play it on my desktop pc that is Windows 7 pro, 64 bit, with Core i7, geforce GTX 285. When am trying to run the game, it loads for few seconds and than gets freeze. I tried it many times but nothing happens. Do you guys have any idea why Alpha Protocol is not starting ? Please give some fix or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Alpha Protocol Game not starting

One of my friend is having the game on his pc and he has no issue in playing it. That means the problem might be in your system first of all make sure you have the recommended minimum system requirements for the game. It is as follows:

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz Processor
    Or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ Processor

2. Geforce 8800 GS Graphics card.
    Or Radeon X1800 Series 256MB Graphics Card

3. 2 GB RAM
    4. 12 GB Hard Disk Space
    5. Direct X 9

Also make sure you have all the updates related to your Graphics card.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. I think i meet all the system requirements for the game. I have Intel core i7 as i mentioned before and additionally there is 8 GB RAM around 100 GB of Hard Disk space, DirectX 9, etc.. I have set screen resolution at 16:10 ratio, 1680*1050. Also i have all updated drivers for for my graphics card. Than what is the problem ? Please help

I have seen this issue with many of my friends and guess it is gonna hamper many others. Well, what i can suggest is first go to device manager, select Human Interface Device and disable all HID-Compliant Consumer Control Devices. Now uninstall all your PhisX drivers and reboot the machine. Now re-install all the drivers again.

Now right click the game icon and click compatibility mode. Select Windows XP and now try to run the game. Hope it will work.

I have the working solution for this problem. I also faced this problem yesterday on my Windows Vista system and after lots of workaround finally i got the solution and now am comfortably playing the game on my system, without any issues.

Actually , to fix this issue you need to update OpenAL files on your system. Once it is updated, the problem is gone for ever. Download the OpenAL from this link and Enjoy

Thats really great help, mate. I was also in search of this solution as am also unable to run the Alpha Protocol on my system. I have downloaded the file but don't know how install or update the OpenAL files. As it is related to some wrap_oal.dll file, i dont wanna give it try at a risk. Could you please help me with the instructions for next process ? Help will be appreciated.

"Which system you are using ? Remember, mine is Vista with Core 2 Quad Q6600 and GTX 280 graphics card. And this process work on my system. What i did is:

Downloaded and saved the oalinst on desktop.Double clicked to install the files. This will install OpenAL32.dll and wrap_oal.dll. Than i need to locate these files under ""Windows\System32"" . Copied these files to my ""Sega\Alpha Protocol\Binaries"" folder. And done."

hi, i just bought alpha protocol, i put the cd in my computer and it wont read the disc, keeps telling me to insert a disc. i installed it fine on my laptop but the game is too slow on that. i try to install on my computer and for some reason it doesnt want to read the disc, please any help would be great.

Possibility could be with the lens of the optical drive. You need to perform a lens cleaning in order to make the things to process well for you. This will then help you out to get the issue to be sorted. You need to also check out for the disc that you use, It could be that the disc is not able to read properly.

i will do that thank you, but it reads all my other video game discs. just not alpha protocol

Problem might be with your disc as your system can read all other discs. Before taking some action or doing some more troubleshoot, i'll suggest you to please try this disc in any another system. If it works than we will go ahead and if not than its up to you what you want to do with the discs.

it works on my laptop, i'm able to get the disc to read on my computer but takes many tries to do it. and once it starts install it stops when it tries to open Data2 part of the install.

and this is the second disc i've tried, took it back to walmart because of the first disc was doing what my first post said. now i have the new copy and it does the same thing, NOTHING! but it works on my laptop, which can barely play the game hahah.

Such problem occurs if the disc is a copy of the original disc. Is it so in your case or you are using the original disc ?

Also, make sure you are not trying to run the DVD in CD-ROM drive. Check the device manager for the same.

nah its the disc from the box i bought at walmart, and my driver is a DVD+/-R/W/ Labelflash

(Super Multi-Format DVD+RW DL with LabelFlash)

You can try to buy some cheap external cd/dvd writer and connect it to your pc via the usb and then check whether the disc can be read via the computer or not. Try to uninstall any burning softwares like Nero burning tool, uninstall Itunes (sometime it can be a casue too), Imgburner or something, try to upgrade the firmware of your drive, let us know afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast