Thread: Problem while running Portal on GMA950 Chipset.

Problem while running Portal on GMA950 Chipset.

Currently I am using Bootcamp for a short period of time and then shift to Mac. I have transferred over Portal and then tried to run it. The introduction movie was displayed, and I have seen the usual blurry test chamber picture with the loading sign, after that screen goes black for a short period of time. After that nothing is working on it. This was working perfectly on widows I do not know why running portal on GMA950 is giving me problem, but I want to know the solution for this.

Re: Problem while running Portal on GMA950 Chipset.

As per my knowledge GMA 950 is not supported on Mac OS X through Steam. According to me OpenGL drivers are not that good in the Mac OS X. That does not mean that you should lose hopes up it will ever be supported. This is the same case with the GMA X3100. I hope this information has helped you to know why you are getting the problem

It is clear that whether you use 950 cards or use the X3100 cards they are not going to support by the Valve for the Mac OS X. They stated that at the starting and the Steam must warn you whenever you try to open the game related to the GPU not being up to running the game. You should not waste your time trying to get the game running in the Mac OS X.

Well I am not an expert related to this problem but the thing is that if this game is working in windows operating system without any problem, and then there should be way that it should run on Mac OS X, since I am not changing the hardware running on the same hardware. There should be something like a patch for graphic drivers.

Nice thinking but it requires the support of Apple or the support from Intel to solve this 950 driver’s problem. But the thing is that this is not going to happen, because the Apple has not used this 950 for years. Well you can observer some general improvements in the latest update, but they are very small. It is running on window that is the only final answer for this problem.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Right now I am using Mac OS X, but not I am facing problem getting Portal for running at the suitable frame rates below the Steam. At present I am having Apple’s Macintosh video card that 8/24. I am thinking of upgrading the 8/24 GC this help to increase the speed. Because it will make more sense or it will be better to update the video drivers.

Currently I am running Portal in window with minimum resolution. MacBook in OS X and everything related to that is turned down leaving the texture and models that are set to high resolution. Sometimes it is very choppy but can be playable. The trackpad is giving me the problem compared to the frame rate.