Thread: Macbook Pro 13" gaming on 2.4 gigahertz.

Macbook Pro 13" gaming on 2.4 gigahertz.

I am planning to buy a MacBook Pro 13” for the purpose of gaming. But before buying it will be better to whether some games like Sims 3, Spore, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 will work on it or not. Macbook which I am going to buy has the following configuration:
    Core 2 Duo 2.4 gigahertz processor with 4 gigabytes of RAM and 320 megabytes of GPU. Will this be a good choice for the purpose of gamming?

Re: Macbook Pro 13" gaming on 2.4 gigahertz.

Currently I am playing world of Warcraft on my 13” MacBook and in my honest opinion playing this game on MacBook is really good experience. One more thing 320M is really very fast and it has the 3Dmark06 benchmark. If you are planning to go for it then just buy it. It is worth to have MacBook Pro 13”

I want to ask one question related to MacBook Pro, does you MacBook Pro gets hot while playing games like Sims 3, is there any need to change the setting for playing the games. I am asking this because I have heard that all MacBook Pro get hot if they are in heavy CPU load and you know that latest games are really heavy to play that pushes the hardware to its maximum limit.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Well according to me these games are not above the graphic intensive, keeping away the Sims that was released last year. I am also having the MacBook pro and I am not facing any kind of problem while playing these games. Anyways I would like to place my MacBook Pro in a stand for the purpose of cooling and for that I think I will use 22” external display anybody has any idea related to that.

My brother is having a MacBook Pro with the 9400M and he can play the Sims 3 with the resolution set to 1280X800 with the average setting and I am sure if can do that then would not face any problem running Sims 3 with the resolution of 1920x1080. If you are able to play all at the medium then you would be able to play at low-medium.

According to me Sims 3 is the most graphic intensive out of these games that you have originally posted. Normally I have not seen much difference anyway between the low and normal. Currently I do not play the high definition game but this is just my opinion. It totally depends on you whether to go contradict to it or you can agree with it.