Thread: "Unable to connect with host" error in Blur game

"Unable to connect with host" error in Blur game

Hello there, All my friends and I installed Blur game on our computers and we are trying to play multiplayer game together but we are facing some problems while playing the game. No one is able to connect to the server which is created. Everybody gets the error message saying "Unable to connect with host". We are not able to figure out what is causing the problem. So if any of you knows how to solve "Unable to connect with host" error in Blur game then please share some information which might help in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: "Unable to connect with host" error in Blur game

This error is encountered while playing lot of games online. This error is generated when the client machine is not able to establish connection with its host. The client fails to establish contact with the server when the lobby is full or if the online is party is having enough connection. Try to reconnect to the lobby or the party and then join the host again. Hopefully it will work.

I am also facing the same problem while playing BLUR on my Xbox 360. Earlier it used to connect to the host without any problems but now it gives the error saying "Unable to connect to host" frequently. I checked the NAT settings for the XBOX and it was saying strict so I changed it to Open but still I am getting the same error. So guyz if there is any resolution for this problem, please let us know.

To me it seems to be a port forwarding issue. For playing the games online the ports are to be forwarded properly. If the appropriate ports for the game are not forwarded, you will not be able to play the game online. Visit the official website of the game and get the required ports which are to be forwarded. Forward the required ports and then check if you are able to join the server or not.

If all of you have installed the game from the same installation disk then you are bound to face such errors. For playing the game in multiplayer mode, you will have to install the game on all the computers by purchasing a separate license for the game. The CD key which is stored while installation of the game conflicts while playing the game online and hence the you are not able to join the game. Installing the game from a separate license copy, you will not face the same problem.

I will suggest that you get your internet connection checked by performing online tests on the link which you are using. There are many websites which provide online tests for bandwidht. You can visit speedtest.net and run the tests which are available. Check the results of the test and see if the Internet connection which you are using is ideal for online gaming or not.