Thread: Xbox 360 controller not recognized in Split second

Xbox 360 controller not recognized in Split second

I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows 7. On this computer I installed the latest released game Split second velocity but I am facing some problems while playing the game. I am used to play the game using Xbox 360 controller but the Xbox 360 controller does not get recognized in Split second when connected to the computer. It keeps on disconnecting from the computer. How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Re: Xbox 360 controller not recognized in Split second

The controller which you are using is faulty I think due to which the system is not able to detect it. The normal life of the Xbox controller is about 2 years if used properly. The controller can develop faults easily if not handled or stored properly. Therefore get the controller checked by some technician and see if it faulty. You can test the controller on some other game and see if it works.

The game which you are playing does not have native support for the Xbox 360 controller and can be the reason for the controller not getting detected in the game. The default controller for the Split seconds is keyboard and hence even if a Xbox 360 controller is connected to the computer, the game will detect the keyboard as the default controller.

I was also facing the same problem with the Xbox controller while playing the game on my computer. I tried to find the solution for the problem and finally found that, the game only supports the latest drivers for the Controller and hence I removed all the existing drivers for the controller from the system and downloaded the latest drivers for the controller. After installing the latest drivers, the controller is working great while playing the game. So I will suggest that you upgrade the drivers which are installed on the computer and check the performance of the controller.

As suggested, I removed the previously installed drivers and downloaded the latest drivers for the controller. After updating the drivers for the controller, now the controller is working properly in the game but now I am facing some performance issues with the game. Can you suggest me some steps to improve the performance of the game.

Configure the graphic card properly according to the graphics requirement of the game. If the graphics setting of the graphics card is conflicting with the graphics setting of the game, then the performance of the game will be poor. Also disable the extra processing cores of the processor while playing the game because if the game does not supports multithreading it will lag while playing.