Thread: How can I play Split Second in split screen mode with one gamepad and the keyboard?

How can I play Split Second in split screen mode with one gamepad and the keyboard?

I need some advice about the new game Split Second Velocity which I have installed on the computer. The game properly in the single player mode but me and my brother wants to play the game using the split screen mode. I want to use an Xbox controller and keyboard as separate controllers and hence I want to know How can I play Split Second in split screen mode with one gamepad and the keyboard? Please suggest some solutions.

Re: How can I play Split Second in split screen mode with one gamepad and the keyboard?

According to me it is not possible to use two different controllers for playing the game on a single computer. In the split screen mode, the system will only assign a single controller for the game. By default keyboard will be selected as the default controller for the game and hence it will not detect the controller if it is connected to the computer.

Re: How can I play Split Second in split screen mode with one gamepad and the keyboard?

It is very easy to play the game in split screen mode. To play the game in split screen mode, Start the game and when the main menu loads, scroll through the different options and select the Split screen mode. Select the configuration of the controller which you want to use and start the game. See if you are able to play the game in split screen mode.

You can use two different controllers for playing the game. To use two different controllers while playing the game, connect the Xbox controller to the computer and then start the game. In the main menu, click on Option. Now in the multiplayer option, assign the controller to the player which you want to assign and save the settings. Now go to the main menu and select Split screen mode. Start the race and see if it works.

Thanks for replying to the thread. I followed the steps you suggested and was able to play the game using the controller but the controller gets disconnected frequently. This happens at any random time while playing. Does this mean the controller which I am using is faulty? Please suggest some solutions for the problem.

No the controller may not be faulty. The frequent disconnection can occur if the proper drivers for the controller are not installed on the computer. If you have not installed the drivers for the controller, then install the drivers from the installation disk which is provided with the controller. Once the drivers are installed, you will not face the frequent disconnection problem.

Hi Kadin,

Perhaps I am completely blind but under the "Option" menu in main menu I can't find a multiplayer options to let me assign my gamepads to the player 1 and 2 for splitscreen mode.

Can you explain where you find this "multiplayer options" ?

Many Thanks,

Lobo

If you want to with two gamepads then use a setup like below in your xinputter.ini:

[XInputter]
    NumKeybs=0
    NumJoys=2

[Joy1]
    LeftTrigger=7
    RightTrigger=8
    Start=10
    Back=9
    LeftThumbClick=11
    RightThumbClick=12
    LeftShoulder=5
    RightShoulder=6
    A=1
    B=2
    X=3
    Y=4
    LeftXAxis=1
    LeftYAxis=-2
    RightXAxis=3
    RightYAxis=-6

[Joy2]
    LeftTrigger=7
    RightTrigger=8
    Start=10
    Back=9
    LeftThumbClick=11
    RightThumbClick=12
    LeftShoulder=5
    RightShoulder=6
    A=1
    B=2
    X=3
    Y=4
    LeftXAxis=1
    LeftYAxis=-2
    RightXAxis=3
    RightYAxis=-6

Or you can download this program from here that allows you to play splitscreen on the PC version with multiple people on the keyboard, or with people on the keyboard and people with gamepads or whatever combination