Thread: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on VMWare Fusion 3?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on VMWare Fusion 3?

I have a Macbook PRO Unibody with the following configuration 2.6 ghz processor and 4gb RAM. There is no hardware modification done on the Macbook. I am using Vmware fusion 3 on the Macbook and Windows XP is the guest operating system. Now I want to install Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 on the Macbook pro under Vmware fusion but I am not sure if the game will work on the Macbook. So will the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 work on VMWare Fusion 3? Please share your opinions about the topic. Thanks in advance.

Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on VMWare Fusion 3?

For any application to work on the computer, the minimum system requirements for the application should be fulfilled by the computer. Hence check the minimum system requirements for the Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 and see if the system which you are using fulfills the requirements or not. If the system requirements are met, then the game will work on the system without any problem.

No you wont be able to run the game using the Vmware fusion on the Macbook. Lot of the resources of the Macbook would be used by the Vmware fusion in running the Windows XP as the guest operating system and hence there wont be enough resources allocated for the game. Gaming applications require lot of resources to be allocated for running the game properly. Upgrading the hardware of the macbook will help in running the game properly.

The graphic card on your Macbook is 9400M which will not support the high end game like Call of Duty Modern warfare 2. Still you can install the game and see if it works. If the game does not work, then update the drivers for the graphic card and check the performance of the game. If updating the graphics driver does not help, then you will have to replace the graphics card on the Macbook. Once the graphic card is replaced, you will not face any problems in running the game.

After looking at the replies which you have given, I think it is not possible to run the game on Vmware fusion and hence I want to know if the game can be run on the same configuration with Windows Xp running on the Macbook using boot camp utility. Please share your views about this topic.

Yes the game will definitely run on the Macbook without any problems when Bootcamp utility is used but the performance will not that great. To play the game at peak performance, you will have to upgrade some hardware on the Macbook. Try and upgrade the system RAM of the Macbook and see the performance of the game in bootcamp.

I installed the game on the computer using Bootcamp utility and now the game works on the Mac system. Initially the game lagged while playing but after configuring the graphics settings of the game, the game works at about 60 fps. I will upgrade the GPU of the computer as soon as possible and hope that the game works smoothly