Thread: How to invite friends in Split Second?

How to invite friends in Split Second?

Me and my friend have installed Split Second velocity on our computers which works properly on our respective computers but we are not able to play the game on LAN . Whenever I try to join the game created by him, it gives an error message saying, the game does not exist. He receives the same message when he tries to join my server. Is there any special procedure for playing the game online? If anybody here knows How to invite friends in Split Second then kindly guide me through the procedure. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to invite friends in Split Second?

If you are using the same copy of the game on two different computers and trying to play the game on LAN, it will always give the same error. The CD key which is stored on both the computers while installation is conflicting while connecting the computers on the LAN and hence you are facing such error. You will have to purchase two separate copies of the game inorder to play the game on LAN.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? Security softwares are installed on the computer to block the unwanted traffic on the computer. It is possible that the security software installed on the computer is blocking the game. Disable the security software and then try to connect the computer to the remote server. You can also move the process of the game to the trusted application list of the security software.

Check the network configuration of the local area network on which you are trying to play the game. If the network is not properly configured then it would give rise to the problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. Contact your network administrator and get the configuration of the network checked. If there are any changes to be made, do it and then check if you are able to play the game.

johnmarshel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sirens View Post
    Me and my friend have installed Split Second velocity on our computers which works properly on our respective computers but we are not able to play the game on LAN . Whenever I try to join the game created by him, it gives an error message saying, the game does not exist. He receives the same message when he tries to join my server. Is there any special procedure for playing the game online? If anybody here knows How to invite friends in Split Second then kindly guide me through the procedure. Thanks in advance.
    Generally this problem occur you and your friend, your pc become server and your frien pc become client,
    Which one is server he request to client and client accept the invitation,
    This way solve problem and you play game.

Thanks for replying to post really fast. I followed all the steps which were suggested but still no improvement. I still get the same error while joining my friends server and he also gets the same. Now I have started to think that the router is having some problems and not allowing us to play on LAN. Can it be true?

Yes the router can create the problems like this on the LAN. Sometimes the router is not able to handle the traffic due to the outdated firmware on it. Hence to solve the issue update the firmware of the router and then check if you are able to play the game on LAN. You will have to connect the router to the computer using the console cable for updating the firmware of the router.