Thread: How to Play Split Second with an XBOX 360 controller on PC?

How to Play Split Second with an XBOX 360 controller on PC?

Hello there, I have recently installed Split Second Velocity on my computer which is running on Windows 7. The game works fine but I find it difficult to play the game using the keyboard and hence want to use a Xbox 360 controller to play the game. So can anybody explain me How to Play Split Second with an XBOX 360 controller on pc? Any help is highly appreciated. Is there any requirement for an extra hardware to be added to the computer to use the Xbox controller?

Re: How to Play Split Second with an XBOX 360 controller on PC?

I dont think the game has any native support for using the Xbox 360 controller to play it. For using the Xbox 360 controller on the computer to play the game, the controller must be supported by the game otherwise the key mapping on the controller will not be proper which will create problems while playing the game. Hence I guess keyboard is only the option for playing Split second on the computer.

I connected the Xbox 360 controller to the computer and tried to play Split second using the controller, but it gave lot of problems. The controller kept on disconnecting from the system. Also the key mapping for the game on the controller was not proper. Is there anyway in which this problem can be solved? Please help.

You have mentioned that the controller was disconnecting frequently while playing the game. You were facing this issue because of the required drivers for the controller are not installed on the system. You will have to install the drivers for the controller on the computer separately after connecting the controller. The drivers are available on the CD which is available with the controller. Insert the CD and open it. Install the drivers for the controller from the folder namer Vista64. Let the procedure complete and then check the performance of the controller on the computer.

As suggested I installed the latest drivers for the Xbox controller on the computer and it really worked. Now the game can detects the controller and does not disconnect it while playing but key mapping on the controller is not proper, so can you provide me with the actual key mapping in the game for controller?

The following is the Mapping of the keys on the Xbox 360 controller for split seconds :-
    • Accelerate = RT
    • Brake = LT
    • Tab = Y
    • Instant replay = LB
    • Level 1 power play = A, X
    • Level 2 power play = B
    • Enter = Start, A
    • Escape = B

If you are not able to use the controller to play the game properly then you can use xpadder. Xpadder is an emulator which you can use to emulate mouse and keyboard using a Gamepad. Download the application for free from the official website of Xpadder and emulate keyboard and mouse on the game pad.