Thread: binkw32.dll missing error in Split Second

binkw32.dll missing error in Split Second

Please help in solving the issue which I am facing with Split second velocity game. I recently installed the game on my desktop computer which is running on Windows 7 but I am not able to play the game. Whenever I start the game, it gives an error saying "binkw32.dll is missing" and then terminates. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the binkw32.dll missing error in Split Second. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: binkw32.dll missing error in Split Second

I think you are not using a License copy of the game and hence you are facing such an error. I have recently installed the same game on my desktop computer and it runs without any problem. The cracked version of the game has some files missing which create problems while playing the game. Hence if you are using a Cracked version for the game, I would suggest that you purchase a licensed copy of the game and install it on the computer.

According to me there is some problem with the installation of the game. Sometimes during the installation process, all the files which are required for the application are not copied on the computer. Hence if any required file for the game is missing on the computer, the game will not run properly. Therefore I would suggest that uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys related to the game. Reboot the system and then install the game again on the computer.

As you know the name of the file which is missing , you can easily replace it on the computer. With the file missing error, the system must be giving the exact location of the file where it should be. Therefore you can download the file which is missing from various website and move it to the location which is specified. Hopefully replacing the file will work for you.

Yes replacing the file really helped and now the game is working on the computer but the performance of the game is very poor. The game lags intermittently while playing. It happens at random times. What could be causing the lag in the game? How do I reduce the lag while playing? Do I need to upgrade some hardware on the computer?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. If you are using a multicore processor, the game will lag sometimes. To improve the performance of the game you will have to disable the extra processing cores of the processor while playing the game. Start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on game process. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from one of the CPU. Click on OK and resume the game.

Yes disabling the extra processing cores while playing the game really helped in improving the performance the game. After disabling the extra cores, the game does not lag at all. I terminated all the processes which were taking lot of memory and terminating all the extra processes further improved the fps of the game. Thanks for all the help provided.