Thread: WEP and WAP2 Key lagging my connection?

WEP and WAP2 Key lagging my connection?

I have been facing a problem while playing online games with my PS3 everytime i enable the WEP as well as the WAP2 key on router. Although the PS3 is showing 100 % connection but when i start playing i loose one bar then finally i had to disconnect the WEP and my game becomes extremely slow. Tell me how can i prevent my WEP and WAP2 Key from lagging my connection

Re: WEP and WAP2 Key lagging my connection?

As far as i know i would like to know the which router are you using on your system because unless and until you are specifying the model and make of your router i will not be able to implement a solution on this problem so please tell me the make and model of the router which you are using with your play station 3.

I would suggest you to get your router checked since this may be due to your router not working properly and hence you should try to get your router checked by connecting the router to another Playstation 3 device.

If the problem appears even after connecting it to a different device change the router otherwise check the network service provider.

Thanks a lot for replying to this thread so early .

Friends since i posted the query in some sort of a hurry that's why i forgot to mention the model and make of my router which i am using .

I am using a Belkin wireless G router. I hope that this information will help you to come up with a good solution for my problem.

To those who believe that because their wireless router or AP that they have allowed some hardware (via MAC address), it is not like that there is no luck on the Live CD (and Linux in general) is extremely easy change the MAC address of its own wireless card then it might be possible for you to get rid of this problem.

It appears as you are having some problems wit your networks service provider and hence you are facing these sort of problem so i would suggest you to check with the Network service provider. Call the network service provider there are some sort of maintenance work undergoing in your area.

Most probably if you are using a wireless connection it has a greater effect on secured connections than the connections which are not secure enough.

Here you have not specified whether you are having any other network connection on your system or any sort of close channel. It would be better if you specify the same in your future posts.