Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Assassin's Creed 2 error "application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect"

Video Games

Old 19-05-2010

Assassin's Creed 2 error "application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect"

hey fellas , i had completed assassin's creed 2 with the help offline server emulater n updated values.db file. as my exams r over now i want to play this game again . now i'm facing a weird problem. i Formated my PC a week ago, n yesterday i installed AC 2 again . i installed this game in D drive. problem is , at first UBISOFT folder was not installed automatically in c:/programfiles . so i installed it manually from d CD. and now d offline SERVER.EXE is not working . i'm getin an error message sayin "application failed to start because d application configuration is incorrect " . please help me out .. THANK YOU

Old 19-05-2010

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 error "application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect"

I think that you need to install the microsoft visual c++ 2005. Download it from here. At the time of installation, you will need to disable any antivirus software that you might be using at your computer. Also install the latest Microsoft .Net Frameworks.
Old 20-05-2010

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 error "application failed to start because application configuration is incorrect"

Thats correct Hitman22. I was also having the same problem on my system and after installing Redistributable Package Microsoft Visual C + + 2005 SP1, it just sorted out. It installs runtime components of Visual C + + Libraries required to run applications developed in Visual C + + on a computer on which Visual C + + 2005 is not installed.
Old 20-05-2010

thanks for ur replys... but problem still exist , i have d game ,but not able to play it's like hell on earth

Last edited by pradeepoojary : 20-05-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 21-05-2010

Alright, did you install the microsoft packages? If you did install it then what error are you getting, can you post it here? I remember one thing that you have to edit some files to play Assassin's Creed 2 offline, its path was - C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc - here you have to copy paste the below things:

Code:
2.127.0.0.1       static3.cdn.ubi.com
3.127.0.0.1       ubisoft-orbit.s3.amazonaws.com
4.127.0.0.1       onlineconfigservice.ubi.com
5.127.0.0.1       orbitservice.ubi.com
6.127.0.0.1       ubisoft-orbit-savegames.s3.amazonaws.com
Old 21-05-2010

yeah , i tired Redistributable Package Microsoft Visual C + +, it couldn't solve my problem. n i have followed d each n every step precisely while installing coz i have played this game before on d same PC. ERROR msg is "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". i Freshly downloaded d emulator, but again , problem remains same.:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Server_Error.JPG (134.0 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by pradeepoojary : 21-05-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 21-05-2010

This is my Hosts file...
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hosts_page.txt (958 Bytes, 25 views)

Last edited by pradeepoojary : 21-05-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 22-05-2010

You can fix this issue by going into the "application/bin/debug" and deleting all files there, again go into "application/bin/release" and delete all the files there as well, then just rebuild the project via rebuild application, and hopefully that will solve the issue for you.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , ,