Thread: Bad Company 2 no anti-aliasing

Bad Company 2 no anti-aliasing

I am having for my PC but when I am enabling AA, no difference can be seen. I am having GTX 260 and then went to Nvidia control panel and then choose to “overwrite the application setting” or the application controlled” but it did not helped in any manner. After that I am having problem with the AA in gaming like Mass Effect 2, Bioshock2, and now in this Bad Company 2. I need to know the answer, why Bad Company 2 no anti-aliasing

Re: Bad Company 2 no anti-aliasing

First thing I want to know that what driver version you are using. Trees and other such kinds of objects are not made to reflect anti aliasing settings. Just make sure that you are observing the right objects, like the player itself, vehicles etc. The next thing you have to take care is to uninstall the old drivers and then again reinstall the latest drives.

If you are having MSAA or SSAA enabled, transparency objects like fences and trees must have anti-aliasing at a very large cost of performance. Until this games is not supporting those type of anti-aliasing that will really fail. I hope this will help you, if you face any other problem then feel free to ask, since this is a very good forum you will surely get the answer for that.

If you are having window vista, you must have the ability to get more than one anti-aliasing. As per Johan Andersson saying who is the principle architects of game there is no anti-aliasing support in direct X 9. According to him Direct X9 is efficient but also have some negative point and they are going to improve it in the new version of Direct X10.

If you want to remove the old drivers then you can do it by going to C:\Nvidia\Driver. There you will find many folder which are related to each drivers and then just send them to trash.It will better if you use driver sweeper software or something after uninstalling the drivers from the control panel then restart the computer.