Thread: COD4 crash to desktop

COD4 crash to desktop

I was using Windows Vista operating system and have done an upgrade to Windows 7 just a couple of days ago. Well, after installation of the game called Call of Duty 4, I am basically not able to play it in my system. Actually, I am experiencing a COD4 crash to desktop. I am not aware why this is happening. I need a solution for this issue as soon as possible because I am very curious to play it, as I enjoyed playing the older series of this game.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: COD4 crash to desktop

I think that the situation of COD4 crash to desktop is being caused because the game is having conflicts with the Windows 7 operating system. There are many such problems with the games in this particular operating system. A solution that can be tried out is to start the game in the compatibility mode. If it does not solve the issue, then there is no solution available.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The situation of the COD4 crash to desktop is because the game must not have installed properly in the system. You will have to uninstall the game, restart the computer and then, reinstall it. After that, while the installation of the game is going on, you will have to make sure that other applications and programs are not running in the background, so that such errors or problems can be avoided.

Your computer may not be capable of running this game because of which the issue of COD4 crash to desktop is being caused. Just check out your computer configuration with the minimum system requirements of this game:
    • Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better
    • RAM: 512 MB or better
    • Hard disk: 8 GB or more free
    • Video card: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800Pro or better

Hello there,

If the COD4 crash to desktop situation is an incompatibility problem, then there is a very simple fix available for this, that is the compatibility tool for this game. You will have to install this tool before the game is installed into the system. All the required settings for the compatibility of this game with the Windows 7 operating system will be done by this tool.

All the best.