Thread: CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working

CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working

Hello people,

After upgrading to the Windows 7 operating system recently, I have started facing a problem in this game called "Call of Duty 4" that I started to play recently. The game was running properly for sometime and I got an error message suddenly. The message was like CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working.

I have no idea about what is going on and what are the solutions that can be used in such a case.

All possible replies and suggestions and comments to eradicate this situation are appreciated.

Re: CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working

Hello there, I have also experienced the CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working. I have found on searching the internet that this error is encountered because of some crash in the game. Also, this is an error that has been found in the "singleplayer mode". The same error that takes place in the "multiplayer mode" is called as the IW3mp.exe.

There is no need to worry if you are getting the CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working. The best solution available is to uninstall the currently installed files and then, install the game again. Make sure that you quit all the applications and programs before the reinstallation is started. I have solved such error messages in other games with the help of this reinstallation method. Just let me know if the problem is solved or not after that.

Wish you all the best.....

You will have to assure that the CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working is a common error or being caused because of an incompatibility problem between the game and the operating system. For this, one has to run the hardware and software evaluation tool in the system. This tool will produce results in the form of a list of components, that is the incompatible as well as the compatible ones. If this game is shown as incompatible, then the issue cannot be solved in your system.

Even if the situation of CoD 4 error: IW3sp.exe has stopped working is being caused because of any incompatible problem, then you can fix the same with the help of the compatibility tool for this game. You will have to install the game again, but before that the particular tool must be installed into your system, so that the required compatibility settings will be done by the tool. I hope that the situation will be solved with the help of this technique.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever