Thread: Splinter Cell: Conviction and SLI

Splinter Cell: Conviction and SLI

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 on it. The graphic card which is installed on the computer is Nvidia GTX 295. On this computer I have installed Splinter Cell conviction game which I am not able to play. The game performance is very sluggish and slow. I have enabled SLI on the graphic card. Can this problem be because of this? So if anybody knows how to solve Splinter Cell: Conviction and SLI issue, then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Splinter Cell: Conviction and SLI

Have you checked the minimum system requirements of the game? For an application to run properly on the system, some minimum system requirements of the application has to be fulfilled. If the minimum system requirements of the game are not fulfilled, then the game will not run at all or will give some problems while running. Hence I would suggest that you check the system requirements of the game and see if the computer which you are using is fulfilling all the system requirements or not.

I suspect that the graphic card which you are using is not supporting the game due to which the performance of the game is suffering. I have installed Splinter Cell conviction on the computer and play the game without any problems. The graphic card which I am using is Nvidia SLI 260 GTX. The performance of the game does not suffer a bit while playing. Get the graphic card checked by some technician as it could be faulty.

Try changing the configuration settings of the graphic card and then run the game. See if the performance of the game improves after changing the configuration of the graphic card. The Nvidia graphic cards are configured to run different high end graphics applications. These configuration can conflict with the game video settings. Open the graphic properties of the Graphic card and select the 3D settings. Disable Triple buffering, Anistropic filtering and Vertical sync. Save and apply the settings. Start the game and see if the game is working properly or not.

Try running sli AFR2, Single GPU mode and see if the game still lags or not. The Single GPU mode in SLI is recommended by Nvidia to run some games which have problems while using 2 GPU's in SLI mode. Some games are not able to distribute properly between 2 GPU's which decrease the performance of the game. Hence such games should be operated in single GPU mode.

The problem which you are facing is due to the ingame ambient occlusion. For playing Splinter Cell Conviction, the ingame ambient occlusion must be disabled. If it is not disabled the gameplay is choppy. Hence go to graphic options of the game and then disable the Ambient occulsion. Save and apply the settings. See if there is any improvement or not.

Yes disabling the ingame ambient occulsion really helped in improving the game performance. I disabled the ambient occulsion from the in game settings and resumed the game. Along with the occulsion settings, I have disabled extra cores of the processor and now the game works properly without any lags or glitches. So if disabling occulsion does not help, then try disabling the extra processing core.