Thread: BFBC2 fps issue on my computer

Satyrs Guest

BFBC2 fps issue on my computer

I am facing problems while playing Battlefield Bad company 2 on my computer which is powered by Intel Dual core processor and has a Nvidia GTX 260 graphic card. The operating system on the computer is Windows 7. I installed the game few days back, but the maximum fps which I can get while playing is 40 which I think is quite low for the configuration which I am using. While standing still, the FPS reaches about 60. I am not able to understand why I am facing BFBC2 fps issue on my computer and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help regarding the topic is more than welcome.

Re: BFBC2 fps issue on my computer

Multicore processors create problems while playing some games on the computer. The multicore processors have multiple processors which start processing a single application simultaneously which creates lag in some of the games. Start the game and open the task manager. In the processes tab, locate the game exe and right click on the game process. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from the extra processing cores. Click on OK and resume the game. See if the FPS improves.

I think there is some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. The performance of the game, depends on number of files which are associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the game is missing or corrupt then the game will give such problems. Therefore uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys related to the game. Once all the traces of the game are removed, reboot the system and reinstall the game. See if the problem still persists or not.

Check if there are any processes running on the computer while playing the game. Every process which is executed on the computer, requires some memory and CPU allocation. Gaming applications require more memory space than other applications. Therefore if there are any other applications running with the game, the performance of the game will suffer. Before starting the game, open the task manager and go to the processes tab. Terminate all the processes which are unwanted and then start the game. Hopefully it will help.

All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. If appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, then the device will not work properly on the computer. Go to the device manager and highlight the graphics adapter. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting procedure does not help then update the graphics driver and see if it helps.

The game has some problem with the Windows 7 due to which the fps of the game is low while playing. Try running the game in XP mode of Windows 7 and see if there is any improvement in the fps of the game. You can also try and run the game in compatibility mode of Windows 7. Right click on the game process and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run the game in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Click on save and apply. Run the game and check the performance.

Satyrs Guest

Yes I tried running the game in Windows compatibility mode but still the game was lagging. I also tried to run the game as power user but still the performance of the game suffered. There was some improvement in the performance of the game after disabling the extra processing cores of the processor. So I would suggest you to disable the extra processing cores while running the game for improving the performance of the game.