Thread: Nvidia Control Panel Settings for World of Warcraft?

Nvidia Control Panel Settings for World of Warcraft?

Hello there, I am relatively new to the field of gaming and hence need your advice. I have installed World of Warcraft on my desktop computer which has Windows 7 installed on it. The graphic card on the computer is Nvidia GeForce GTX 275. The performance of the game is very low and hence I need Nvidia Control Panel Settings for World of Warcraft. So if any of you can guide me in configuring the graphic card properly then it would be really helpful.

Re: Nvidia Control Panel Settings for World of Warcraft?

Nvidia graphic cards are configured for running all the high end graphics applications. These settings can sometimes conflict with the game settings which may degrade the performance of the game. Hence to make the game run properly on the NVIDIA graphic card you will have to disable the following features of the graphic card. Disable Triple buffering, Anistropic filtering and vertical sync. After disabling the following features, save the settings and see if the game works properly or not.

The performance of the game can degrade if there are lot of processes running on the computer when the game is being played. Gaming applications require lot of memory and CPU usage. Hence if there are lot of processes running on the computer while playing the game, then the game will not perform properly. Therefore I would suggest that you terminate all the processes which are unwanted and then check the performance of the game.

Configure the graphic card according to following settings and see if the performance of the game improves or not :-
    Maximum pre-rendered frames = 16
    Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration = Single display performance mode
    • Antialiasing - Mode = Enhanced
    • Antialiasing - Setting SLI 32X
    • Antialiasing - Transparency = Multisampling
    • Extension limit On
    • Texture filtering = off
    • Texture filtering = allow
    • Texture filtering = Quality
    • Texture filtering = on
    • Preferred refresh rate = Global
    • SLI performance mode Single-GPU
    • Anisotropic filtering =16x

Thanks for replying to the thread really fast. As suggested I configured the graphic card as per the settings which are provided and then saved the configuration but there is no improvement in the performance of the game. Is there any settings which I am missing? If yes then please suggest some changes. Is there any alternate method to improve the improvement of the game?

If you are using a multicore processor for the computer, then the game will sometime lag. In multi core processors, all the cores start processing the application together which create problems in some games. Try disabling the extra processing core and see if the game works properly or not. Start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the game process. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from one of the processor and click on OK. Resume the game and see if the performance of the game improves.

Disabling the extra cores of the processor, really helped. I use a dual core processor which was creating problem while playing the game. I followed the steps suggested and disabled the extra processing core. After disabling the extra cores, the game runs smoothly without any lag. Thanks for the help.