Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Issue

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Issue

I am using Nvidia GTX280 graphic card on my desktop computer and I am facing some problems with it. The desktop computer is installed with Windows 7 64bit on it. The problem which I am facing is the graphic card only runs in the SLI disabled mode while playing Battlefield Bad company 2. I cant figure out what exactly is causing the problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if any of you knows how to solve Battlefield Bad Company 2 Issue then please suggest some solution which might help me in solving the problem.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Issue

I suspect that there is some problem with the Graphic card which you are using. SLI mode is enabled by default on all the NVIDIA graphic card. As the graphic card which you are using is working in SLI disabled mode, It must be some hardware issue. Therefore get the graphic card checked by any technician and see if it is faulty. Get the graphic card is faulty, get it replaced.

Are you sure the installed game is not having any problems? For the game to work properly on the system, all the files which are related to the game should work properly. If any of the file which is related to the game is not working properly then the game will give problems as faced by you. Try and reinstall the game on the computer. Check if the game is working properly on the computer.

The drivers for the graphics adapter would be missing I think. For any device to work properly on the computer, appropriate drivers are to be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then device will not work properly. Go to device manager and highlight the graphics adapter. Update the graphics drivers and see if the problem is solved or not.

The problem which you are facing is due to the Direct X version installed on th system. I was also facing the same problem with the graphic card which I solved by installing the 197.13 beta drivers which are available on the official website of Nvidia. Download and install the drivers, restart the computer and then start the game. See if the game works properly or not.

You can edit the setting files of the Battlefield Bad company 2 and then force the SLI mode to work using Direct X 9 installed on the system. Once the setting file is edited, you will not require to install the drivers frequently. The procedure to edit the setting files of the game is available on the official website of the game. Edit the file and run the game. Hopefully you will not face the same error again.

Yes changing the settings file of the game helps in forcing the SLI mode using Direct X 9.0 but the game is not utilizing both the GPU's at the same rate. It is using the second GPU more than first GPU. I will get graphics card checked by some technician and will confirm if GPU usage is normal or not.