Thread: Everquest 2 keep crashing on Windows 7

Everquest 2 keep crashing on Windows 7

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 on it. On this computer I have installed Everquest 2 but I am not able to play the game. The game crashes continuously while playing. The graphic card on the computer is Nvidia GeForce 240. Is this because of the graphic card which I am using? Or is the problem with the operating system. So if anybody knows why Everquest 2 keep crashing on Windows 7 then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Everquest 2 keep crashing on Windows 7

I think the game is not compatible with Windows 7 due to which the game is crashing. Some games are not supported by Windows 7 hence if such a game is tried to be played on the computer, it will result in the game crashing frequently. Hence check if the game is supported by Windows 7 or not. Refer the list of the games which are compatible with Windows 7 and see if the game which you are playing is listed in the list or not. If the game is not listed then there is nothing much you can do about it.

I think the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is creating such problems while playing the game. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the application which are frequently used. If such a situation occurs then the application whose files are infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system and repair the files which are infected. See if there is any improvement in the game.

Check if the drivers for the graphic adapter are installed and working properly or not. For all the devices which are connected to the computer, a set of drivers are required to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as a mediator between the operating system and the device. Hence if the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. Go to device manager and highlight the Graphics adapter. If there are any caution signs, then follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if it helps. Update the drivers for graphic adapter and see if the problem is solved.

Have you tried running the game in compatibility mode? Windows 7 has a compatibility mode, using which the application which give problems can be executed without any problems. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run the game in compatibility mode". Select Windows Xp service pack 2 and select the option to run the game as "Power user". Click on OK and run the game. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

According to me the graphic card of the system is not supporting the game due to which the game is crashing. All the Nvidia cards are configured for running all the high end graphics applications. These settings sometimes conflict with the graphic settings of the game. Therefore try and configure the graphic card again and see if it works. Open the graphic properties and select manage 3D settings. Disable the following features and save the settings. Disable Anistropic filtering, Triple buffering and Vertical sync. Save the settings and start the game.

The problem which you are facing is due to the bug in the game and not because of the graphic card which you are using. The earlier version of the game had some problems with the game. Download the patch for the game and install it on the computer. Once the patch is downloaded and installed, the game will not crash.