Thread: Eve Online Screen Resolution Options Gone

Eve Online Screen Resolution Options Gone

Sup gamers, I am facing a weird problem with the game which I am trying to play. I have installed Eve online on my desktop computer which is running on Windows 7. The graphic card on the computer is Nvidia 8800GTX. The problem which I am facing is that the game does not work properly. I am not able to change the resolution of the game while playing. Also sometimes the game quits intermittently. I am not able to figure out what is causing the problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Eve Online Screen Resolution Options Gone

Check the installation of the game on the computer. For the game to work properly on the computer, all the files which are related to the game must be working properly. If any of the file which is associated to the game is missing on the system then the game will not work properly. Uninstall the game from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the game from the computer. Restart the computer and install the game again on the computer. See if the game works properly on the computer.

Windows 7 has some compatibility issue with some of the games. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are compatible with Windows 7 is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is included in the list or not. If the game is not included in the list then there is nothing much you can do about it.

As suggested I uninstalled the game from the computer and deleted all the files/keys which were related to the game from the computer and then reinstalled the game on the computer, but still the same problem persists. The game is also listed in the supported games list, so I dont think there is any incompatibility issue. What can be the reason for such problem? Please help.

Have you updated the game? If yes then it could be the reason why the game is crashing. Whenever the game is updated, the graphics driver are also updated automatically. This updated graphics driver sometime do not support the game which leads to the game crashing frequently. Hence I would suggest that you roll back the graphic drivers to the previous version and see if it helps.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check if there are any files which are infected with virus. Virus when downloaded on the computer, create the problems which are similar to the ones which you are facing. Scan the system with an antivirus and repair all the files which are infected. After repairing the infected files, see if the game works properly.

I was also facing the same problem with the game. To solved the problem by opening the Nvidia control panel. Go to the display tree and adjust the desktop size and position. Now go to option 2 and select Do not scale. Change the resolution for the game and then save the settings. Now you will not face the same problem again.