Thread: GTA IV + Games for Windows Live?

GTA IV + Games for Windows Live?

Hey guys, i am in need of some urgent help from you all guys. I use to play GTA 4 on Games for Windows Live. It was working fine till yesterday but now when tried to play strange thing happened. First i was just not able to sign in but after lots of trial i got signed and again disconnected. Also i was not able to play GTA 4 on games for Windows live when i was signed once. Hope you got my point. Please help me out of this.. Thanks !!

Re: GTA IV + Games for Windows Live?

Hi Kadmiel. What exactly is the error you are getting when trying to sign in ? Because there are many reasons that block you for the same and the solution for each error are different.

If you are getting "The profile could not be signed in to LIVE" than the problem is with your live id. To get rid of this make sure your system is connected to the Internet. Verify that you can sign in by using this Windows Live ID on account.live.com.

Sometimes you can not sign in GFWL coz the services remain down. Make sure the Windows Live ID and LIVE Services are on. In order to check the Live server just visit the following site here. If you can not connect to all websites, please contact your Internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.

For more help, just go through this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmiel View Post
    Also i was not able to play GTA 4 on games for Windows live when i was signed once. Hope you got my point. Please help me out of this.. Thanks !!
    If you are prompted to connect to the Internet once you start the game (eg connection to LIVE and the login box appears remote access), quit and restart the game. Your Internet connection must be established before starting the game. Also make sure you can properly connect to Windows Live by connecting to the Windows Live Web site using your current email address and password

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmiel View Post
    I use to play GTA 4 on Games for Windows Live. It was working fine till yesterday but now when tried to play strange thing happened. First i was just not able to sign in but after lots of trial i got signed and again disconnected. Also i was not able to play GTA 4 on games for Windows live when i was signed once.
    As you said you were able to play GTA 4 on GFWL till yesterday and not now, i think you need to update the GFWL. However, am not sure about the problem but updates could resolve many problems. Try to update and do let me know the result. Hope it will work for you

When a game is installed, Games for Windows - by automatically selects the best network card on your system using specific criteria. However, the software has not detected network card of your favorite computer. If you are connected to the Internet using PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) and you still have problems connecting to Games for Windows - LIVE, click here for more help.

You may have a damaged profile. Try deleting your current profile and then log in again. Your profile can only be connected to LIVE on one PC or on one console at a time. If you are connected to LIVE on one system and you try to connect from another system using the same profile, the profile on the first system will be automatically disconnected. And if you are excluded, you may need to wait for the ban on access to the end before they can access the LIVE service again.