Thread: Mass Effect 2 Physx problem

Mass Effect 2 Physx problem

I had installed the game mass effect 2 fines and configured the settings for graphics and sound etc. when I am regarding to run the game it requests the Physx O. But I have an ATI card. Anyway I download Physx from Nvidia's site and work it at present to get this the option to press next to install Physx is grayed out no matter what I do I read the agreement from top to bottom I try to start the installation by choosing run as administrator (using win7 64bit) but I just cannot install it. I even tried the one that came with the game.

Re: Mass Effect 2 Physx problem

Well Physx is nVidia fashionable so it would not run with ATi graphics cards unless you have a enthusiastic nVidia card in addition with installed .There is a tool or description I believe that determine to use cores on your CPU as an alternative of GPU but I do not think the results are that promising. I am working on two 5770's with the whole thing turned up and it looks extremely good. Not sure how much physx would essentially make it superior.

I have a 4850, Windows 7 64 bit. I completed installing Mass Effect 2, and I got the inaccuracy message "Failed to initialize the physics system. Please make sure you have an updated version or description of the Physx Software installed. So I go on to the disk, and locate the physx installer, and try to start or work it. I get to the license conformity screen, hit it off I accept the license agreement and then I get the message "Fatal Error: Installation ended precipitately for the reason that of an error". Has everybody ever encountered anything similar before.

For this you have to Post system information in sequence in the User Control Panel. Make sure you have the most recent drivers and I would not imagine you would be capable to work the Physx Installer in view of the fact that ATi cards cannot start or work physx. In addition try a reinstall. That’s the entire I got right at present. You be able to run the PhysX install on an ATI system. It does not do anything helpful or practical, though, but it does install the apparatus. I had to do the similar to get my copy running. Just go to Nvidia's site and grab the PhysX package and you be supposed to be set.

From this what I recognize, ME2 uses the Physx Engine, but does not maintain or sustain hardware accelerated physics quickening. I am appealing sure you do not necessitate an actual card, I consider its referring to the engine and you are supposed to try re-installing the game for the reason that it be supposed to of installed it with the game. You be able to in addition put out of action physx in the config files of ME1, so I would imagine you might do it in ME2 - I do not know how though with that weird coalesced config file possessions.

The Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 install PhysX but do not utilize the GPU speeding up part of it. The ME1 relied on AGEIA PhysX and ME2 uses NVIDIA PhysX for the reason that that is taken over, other than it still uses a software deviation and for this reason still uses the CPU. That is why there is not a huge presentation dissimilarity connecting ATI cards and NVIDIA cards in ME.

This is a misapprehension with PhysX. The PhysX is a physics engine it is not exclusively used to start or work physics on your Nvidia card. It merely installs the drivers so it is able to utilize them on the CPU. You do not necessitate being anxious about having an ATI card. The PhysX cannot be turned off for the reason that I presuppose ME uses it for game play-oriented things similar to bullet collision recognition and explosions.