Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction No way to communicate in co-op

Splinter Cell Conviction No way to communicate in co-op

Hi,
    I am playing Splinter Cell Conviction game on multiplayer mode. I have a friend connected to my server at the other end. The issue is that I have a headphone connected to the game. I am not able to send out voice messages to my friend in the game. I had checked the same on a different system where I can easily pass on voice messages to other player. The what about Splinter Cell. Need help here.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction No way to communicate in co-op

That might be a minor sound issue. For the go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Advanced button and in the window that appeared Options > Advanced Controls. After that click on the Advanced button under the microphone and in the window of advanced microphone > Other settings, uncheck the first box. Do this again if you find more problem once again.

I have exactly the same problem I am wondering if it would not come to the motherboard or else directx. If someone has found the solution thank you to send it to me. But this not only limited to the game. I had used lots of fiddling on the volume properties. Nothing worked here. I think my head phone might be damaged, but this one is not so old.

I fixed my problem. It was due improper driver on my windows system. I uninstalling my sound card, then reboot my pc, windows detects the new hardware and the installation. For the moment it is working well. You can do that by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Locate your sound card and right click on it. Uninstall and reboot your pc.

I also have a small problem with my micro phone. I had changed the jack panel of the head phone. There are two provided usually. My front one is gone bad and now it is not working. So for the purpose I switch back to the backside panel and now that works. You can also try to update your drivers for the same purpose. Once done check from sound recorder.

I had tried the control panel solution. I have Windows XP and I cannot communicate with other player in CS. I plug my ports and I want to test my gear. Nothing works here except the game. I had checked out the sound settings and then tried a different head phone too. But my board has some issue with sound. If your microphone does not work properly in normal mode then it is useless in the game too.

I had the same problem, to solve this problem I have been in the options for audio devices then in voice and I changed Digital Input to Audio Input, this has solved the problem for me. For this go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices > Adjust the system volume > Tab Audio > Audio Recording click > Volume. Change the setting here and you are done.