Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction Error Code 1

Splinter Cell Conviction Error Code 1

Please help in solving this weird problem with Splinter Cell Conviction which I have installed on the computer. Whenever I start the game using Steam, it shows that the game is loading and then the game quits and gives Game launcher error Code 1. Why I am getting this error. If anybody knows how to solve Splinter Cell Conviction Error Code 1 then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Error Code 1

It is possible that the system is infected with some virus and hence the game is not starting. Virus's are malicious programs which infect other programs and create problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. Virus's infect the files of the application which are accessed by the user frequently. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and see if there are any infected files. Repair the files which are infected and then check if the game works or not.

The game is not installed properly on the system. For proper working of the game, all the files which are associated to the game must be present on the system. If any of the file which is associated to the game is missing on the system, then the game will not work. I would suggest that you uninstall the game from the system and then remove the files/keys which are related to the game. Reinstall the game and see if the same problem persists.

Which operating system are you using? If the operating system installed on the computer is Windows 7 then such problems are faced. Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website of Microsoft. Refer the list and see if the game is supported or not. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.

For an application to run properly on the system, the system has to fulfill the minimum system requirements of the applications. If the system does not fulfill the minimum system requirements then the game or the application will not work properly. As the game is not working on the computer, check the minimum system requirements of the game and see if the system which you are using is fulfilling all the system requirements.

Check if the video drivers are installed and working on the system. Every device which is connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed. If appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. Go to device manager and highlight the display adapter. If there are any caution signs, try doing a troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers and see if it helps.

I was also facing the same problem with the game while playing. The game continuously gave an game launcher error 1 when the game was executed. To solve the problem, I removed the existing the game launcher from the computer and reinstalled the game launcher again from the installation disk. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Yes reinstalling the game launcher executable from the installation disk really solved the problem. Now the game does not give any errors while starting but the game lags intermittently while playing. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please suggest some workarounds/solutions.

cannot find where is my game getting saved...therefore i cant even change saved game data to play the full game from any mission

It depends on where you are originally install this game. If you have th original path then you can get this within the ubisoft game launcher in that you will get the storage folder. And lif you are using crack of skidrow then you will get it with the users – admin- appdata – local – storage. Within that its located. I hope this will help you.