Thread: Unable to start Stronghold 3

Unable to start Stronghold 3

It's my first game with steam. So I installed steam and everything looks good. But now, if I start the game I get the error: "Failed to initialize the engine." I believe it's a difficulty through the graphics engine. I comprise 2 GPU within the notebook, an Ati Radeon 5650 and the card board. Through the cardboard, you are able to start the game (but not to play, since the GPU is very bad). But with the 5650 radean cannot start. Has someone an idea how I am able to play this game? I installed the most up-to-date driver for the GPU and do the whole thing that I thought might help.

Re: Unable to start Stronghold 3

Hello please try the following settings and see if it helpful for you to solve your issue or not. First you have to open the folder which you will get within steam folder (steam- steamapps- common- strongholde3-bin-win32_release). And from there you have to check for config.xml once you get this file then open this file with the notepad. And then form there change the line

<resolution width=1024 height=768 />

To make use of your local resolution you have to run this game in the normal mode. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Hello thank you for your response, as per your suggestion I try all this things but still I am not abel to solve this issue. So if you are having any more solution to fix this then please let me know about it. I am sure that you will help me to solve this issue. Thank you.

Hello I was having this issue today then I found the solution for this issue. Go toward bios and modify the graphic system commencing "switchable" on the way to "mono", as a result that simply the superior graphic card is able to be utilized. As a result the whole thing works, however I can't modify the graphic card at the moment. I expect there will be an answer for this difficulty within one of the patches.

HEY, just got this game and steam is freakin annoying me!! Got the FAILED TO INITIALIZE ENGINE error message. Could you do a step by step walkthrough of how you resolved your problem?

Sorry, im a little thick Thanks for your help.

try disable your second graphic card in device manager before start this game

Here some troubleshooting tips that can help you. The above solution is correct. You will need to disable your addtional display adapter if there is a gpu installed in your system. For that go in Device Manager and disable Intel Display Adapter. You can see two listed in the Display adapter part. Leave the gpu and for time being disable another one.

I look as if to have the similar sort of issue. I download this game from steam and then start this game but then after that this game crashed either at the firefly symbol or at what time asked to fill within the online information. So anyone have any idea about it?