Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction Ports

Splinter Cell Conviction Ports

Hi,
    I want to forward a port on my system without disabling my firewall to run a Splinter Cell game server. For that what are the necessary requirement I have to do. I have a router connected on the LAN. I have some system attached to the system where in my case there is a blockage message. But for some security issue I do not want to disable my security applications on LAN.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction Ports

You can provide a different IP to a system and then let your players join your game. That will work well. That will be quiet secure also. You can search for more on port forwarding on network. This will help you to provide a single port which will be dedicated to the game you are playing. You can thus remove that from your exception section of firewall.

There are two simple steps which you need to forward a port for your game. First start up the router and the provide IP address from the beginning which can e 192.168.1.1. One you have done you can forward the port to this new address easily. You can then choose independently a port and then provide this IP address, so that other players can join you.

Download and install Port Forwarding Wizard. Simply configure your router to the network using this tool to open the appropriate ports. This wizard will prompt you to select your router and software that communicate with the Internet via the router ports. You simply provide the access codes of the router, its IP will be detected automatically. If you know how to configure your router or if you think it is too complex to make, this application is for you.

Another advantage is that open ports are also automatically allowed through the firewall in Windows and you can have a static IP with the program. You have a router which may be connected to multiple PCs. For the router knows which machine to redirect the port, you must first identify the machines. That can be done by giving manual IP to each of the system.

First enter your router configuration tool. Then click on attached devices or its equivalent for a list of computers on your network. Write down or copy to notepad the local IP address and the computer's. Then go to advance > LAN IP Setup and then enable DHCP. You can limit the maximum number of IP addresses according to the number of connected machines.

The port forwarding is to redirect a port to one of your machines. For that first you have to create a service that defines the ports to open and the protocol (TCP or UDP) to use. To do this, click on Services and add a service. Enter a name for your service and choose the type of protocol used. TCP connections may make unlimited packet size and ensures that the data reach its destination, so UDP can not establish a connection, only sends small packets and does not guarantee good data reception.

Im using tunngle to play through lan, so how do i port forward? I mean what is all these stuff? i go see guide and tried it out myself as the guide says but it wont work for my modem but will for other player's~ Can you teach me step by step? Between, my modem's model is D-Link DSL-520B. Thanks~

When you play lan games you need a Server to connect. This server is the the central place where different users connect to the game and enjoy the same. Tunngle is a virtual private network for games, unfortunately, less well known than hamachi. The advantage is that there Tunngle almost always games (at least to shift), then there is a limit of up to 255 (never seen surpassed for Shift in general it is around 30/35 in evening) and especially not need to join x network, here you connect directly to a single network.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2 View Post
    When you play lan games you need a Server to connect. This server is the the central place where different users connect to the game and enjoy the same. Tunngle is a virtual private network for games, unfortunately, less well known than hamachi. The advantage is that there Tunngle almost always games (at least to shift), then there is a limit of up to 255 (never seen surpassed for Shift in general it is around 30/35 in evening) and especially not need to join x network, here you connect directly to a single network.
    yes, i use tunngle to play Splinter Cell Conviction but i can only join game but cant host game. They say that need to port forward 1st in order to be able to host a game. and that only applies to some player. maybe its because we use modem. and do you know how to fix my problem regarding only yellow and blue smiley is shown in Vuze? Is it NAT problem? How to solve it? Thanks~ between, i tried the step Vuze offer but there seems so many and so complicated. I tried step by step as teached but still wont do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletsummer View Post
    yes, i use tunngle to play Splinter Cell Conviction but i can only join game but cant host game. They say that need to port forward 1st in order to be able to host a game. and that only applies to some player. maybe its because we use modem. and do you know how to fix my problem regarding only yellow and blue smiley is shown in Vuze? Is it NAT problem? How to solve it? Thanks~ between, i tried the step Vuze offer but there seems so many and so complicated. I tried step by step as teached but still wont do any good.
    You may try RC4 encryption. Read http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Avoid_traffic_shaping
    (and your ISP should not be on the Bad ISP list: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs ) Normally you just need the one defined port, in your case 62676 (and you need to forward that port in router).
    6880 is used internally inside your PC,but there are no outside connections to it. (But it depends a bit on firewall, it it would block internal loopback connections to/from 127.0.0.1.) More on ports used by Vuze here: http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Port_is_black..._by_default.3F