Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction error message SetupNew\setup.cpp

Splinter Cell Conviction error message SetupNew\setup.cpp

I am having an issue with the installation of the Game Splinter Cell Conviction which i am trying to install on the PC running the Windows 7 and while installing Splinter Cell Conviction got error message SetupNew\setup.cpp which i am unable to understand. So please help me with this issue as i am very much curious to play the game. Thanks in advance.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction error message SetupNew\setup.cpp

There are some kind of the registry issue which might be creating issue while you are trying to install the Splinter Cell Conviction game in the System running the Windows 7. I think there might be some registry which i corrupted or bad and not allowing the installation. So better to run Registry Cleaner program and find the solution of it.

Another cause of the problem might be the Graphic driver which might got the corrupted or having the problem with the running the game installation on the same as showing incompatibility with the game. So it is advisable that you should give a try to check for the latest version of the graphic driver and install the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    There are some kind of the registry issue which might be creating issue while you are trying to install the Splinter Cell Conviction game in the System running the Windows 7. I think there might be some registry which i corrupted or bad and not allowing the installation. So better to run Registry Cleaner program and find the solution of it.
    I think i should have to give a try to this solution which you are talking about. As i am unable to install the same. So could you please let me know which registry cleaner program should i install to clean up the registry?

As per your request i can advise you one of the famous registry cleaner tool which i am using and liked it most so if you want then i can suggest you to. The one which i am using is known as the CCleaner which is having the best functionality to work with the Registry Corrupted entry. You can get more about the same here.

If all the above replies are not working for you and you are still going through the same issue then let me tell you that you should go with the ubisoft forum and ask the problem there. As they are the official support site and having the solution for the error message that you are getting. So it is better to asked them and get the solution for your issue. I hope that you will like the same.