Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splinter cell conviction ubisoft game launcher: error code 2

Splinter cell conviction ubisoft game launcher: error code 2

I am facing a very weird problem after installing Splinter Cell Conviction on my computer. The desktop computer is installed with Windows 7 operating system and has an Nvidia graphic card. After installation of the game, I started the game and the system verification software tested my system for the game compatibility which was successful. After the system verification test, the game started but it crashed and rebooted the system. Now whenever the game is started, it crashes and gives an error saying "Ubisoft game launcher: error code 2" . So if anybody knows how to solve splinter cell conviction ubisoft game launcher: error code 2 then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: Splinter cell conviction ubisoft game launcher: error code 2

By looking at the problem it looks like there is something wrong with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. For an application to work properly on the system, all the files which are related to the application should work properly. If any of the file related to the application is missing or corrupt then the application will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest that you reinstall the game and see if it works or not.

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as there is high possibility that the system is corrupted with some kind of virus. Virus's tend to infect the files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the application will not work properly. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are corrupt. Repair the files which are corrupt and then check if the game works properly or not.

Is there any antivirus installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind your problem. Antivirus's and other security software's have the tendency to block unknown application and traffic on the computer. Hence disable the installed antivirus and check if the game works properly. You can also move the process of the game to the trusted applications list of the antivirus.

Try the following and see if it helps. Click on Start menu and select control panel. Select Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the Ubisoft GameLauncher. Once the game launcher is removed. Insert the installation disk of the game and run the game. The game will run without any problem. I followed these steps to solve similar problems which I was facing with the game.

The location of the game launcher is different if you are using the steam version of the game. For steam version, the game launcher is located inside the steam folder. Go to the Steam folder and then delete the game launcher executable file. After deleting the file from the computer, the problem will be solved.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I removed the corrupted Game launcher from the computer and installed it again from the installation disk. Now the game does not crash when the game is started but the performance of the game is very low. The game lags alot while playing. How do I improve the performance of the game?

If you are using a computer powered by a Multi core processor, then you are bound to face such problems. You will have to disable the extra processing cores while playing the game. To disable the extra processing cores, start the game and open the task manager, go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity. Remove the check mark from one of the CPU and click on OK. Resume the game ands see if the performance of the game improves or not.

the error appears because your anti-virus blocked or erased the file ubiorbitapi_r2.dll . recopy it from the crack folder but before please stop your anti-virus

my computer won't allow me to copy the ubiorbitapi_r2 file. i've disabled my anti-virus aswell but it keeps telling me to try again when i copy it. what do i do to rectify this problem?

try using the unlocker.exe to find what is using that file.

I couldn't copy " ubiorbitapi_r2.dll " so i removed the ubisoft game launcher, but it didn't help. I managed to copy it (I tried several times and it worked for no obvious reason) , but the error code 2 poped out. Could it have something to do with me removing the launcher and if not what should I do?

P.S. If it that's the prblem I'll have to reinstall the game (since I dont have a separate game launcher instalation) so I'll run into the same problem again (not being able to copy the dll file). you've mentioned using unlocker.exe but I'm not familiar with this program,file or whatever it is. I'll be gratefull for your help :-)

I figured out how i managed to copy the file : It was beacause i estracted the skidrow copied the 3 files then extracted it for the second time and copied the fourth file (ubiorbitapi_r2.dll). I still have the same problem though, but i thought this could be of some help ...

Quote Originally Posted by stefan8djordjevic View Post
    I figured out how i managed to copy the file : It was beacause i estracted the skidrow copied the 3 files then extracted it for the second time and copied the fourth file (ubiorbitapi_r2.dll). I still have the same problem though, but i thought this could be of some help ...
    You have to first manually delete the entire 'Ubisoft Game Launcher' folder, e.g. from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher. Also remove it from Control Panel----> Add/Remove programs (Programs & Features). After that again reinstall the Game Launcher from the disk/DVD. Browse the DVD, and go to 'Support-----> Game Launcher', and run the UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe file. OR, reinstall the software from here. After reinstalling launch the game and check whether you get the same error or not.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try. I've noticed that i have the similar problem with pes 2010/11 - not being able to copy the dll file and the avg antivirus reporting avirus. Does anybody else have the same problems?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast