Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction sound not working

Splinter Cell Conviction sound not working

Hi,
    I had some sound issue while playing Splinter Cell game. I have first downloaded a demo version of this game. I have no sound except a kind of sound interference or click with. When I was playing the older games I have no problem. What could cause the problem. I had tried to re-install the same in case there might be some hardware issue but nothing found.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction sound not working

That can be due to some added sound effects on your system. If you are using Windows XP then enter control panel from start menu and then look for Sounds and Audio Devices. After that got to Properties of sound and audio device. Her eyou can check weather your sound device is functioning or not. If there is any sound effects added then choose to none.

In my case I have a 1GB GPU support with 770 GB-MA UD3P motherboard. I am also facing a sound issue on my system. The other games which are providing issue are Assassin's Creed 2 and Metro 2033, I have a trouble sound, or environmental sound. I had tried re-installation of game where sometime it works. May be some issue with the audio manager.

Just check out that the drivers are up to date for the motherboard and graphics components. Try to disable the HDMI sound output of your hd5850 is in the config panel > sound options and then try to run the game. I had doesn't some settings from my HDMI sound panel and now the game throws up sounds. Checkout the settings panel of game too.

In Splinter Cell game setting look under device driver support. In sound section you can see the hardware support. It might be due to outdated drivers on your system. You can perform a clean installation for the game and then check-back the working of sound in the game. If still that does not work then run a proper driver update for your system.

Download the sound card driver on your desktop and then run the setup. Then go into control panel < system < hardware < device manager and there you will see any yellow reclamation mark under sound and audio. Right click on that and update the drivers. Reboot your system and run the game again. If the drivers are not proper the sound won't run.

Your sound card being integrated, you need the sound driver for your motherboard. With references to your motherboard model search for your driver by brand and model. You can find that on official site of the manufacturer. Check the same on other games too. Otherwise the game might have a bad audio file which is causing the issue. You need to get a new setup.