Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction General protection fault

Splinter Cell Conviction General protection fault

Hi,
    I am trying to run Splinter Cell Conviction game on my system. First anyhow I had tried to run the game where there was no sound. Then any how I tried to run the setup again which showed me General protection fault while connecting online. The first is that I am not able to get the sound and the second is that this error spoils my gameplay.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction General protection fault

This is a bug actually in the game. I am not sure about this. First do this re-install your game properly on your system. Add the product key and then try to register the game on Ubisoft. Sometime this works. There is no exact solution available for this. If you are trying to use a cracked version of the game then probably this is the most definite reason for the issue.

I don't think so that General Protection Fault has some issue with the DRM of game. I am not sure about the same. There might be some problems on your system which is either hardware or software related to the game. You will have to figure out number of things for that. The fault lies in the game for which you need to get a proper setup file for the game.

There may be a sound driver, which was updated automatically by Windows Update, not suitable to the equipment installed on the computer. It can sometimes return to the previous version of the driver. That you do on the Device Manager. Note that currently on virtually all PCs, the sound card is not apparent because it is physically integrated into the motherboard.

Go to the Services panel along one of two ways. The first click on Start Menu > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services. The other ways is Start Menu > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. For Vista, click on the blue circle in the bottom left, type Run in the Search bar and then confirm with Enter. In the Run window, type services.msc and validate input. In the Services window, verify that the service Windows Audio is started automatically.

Click on Start Menu, right click on My Computer, then select Properties from the menu that opens. A window appears, click on Hardware then Device Manager. Under Vista, you must click on the blue circle in the bottom left, right-click Computer, choose Properties and then click on Device Manager in the top left. Yellow indicates an incorrectly installed device.

With some modified versions of Windows like Windows XP Ultimate, Windows LSD Windows Gold, etc it is impossible to properly install the audio device. Like for example, the audio device will appear properly installed but no sound will exit. So for that you can do nothing here. You have to get a proper copy of Windows to run the sound on the game.