Thread: Conviction_game.exe has stopped working

Conviction_game.exe has stopped working

Hello there, The following is the configuration of the computer which I am using :-
    • Processor :-Amd phenom 965be
    • System memory :-8gb ram
    • Video Card :- ATI HD4870x2
    • Operating system :- Windows 7
    On this computer I have installed Splinter Cell Conviction but I am not able to play the game. Whenever the game is started it crashes and gives an error saying Conviction_game.exe has stopped working. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence I need your help. So if anybody here is facing similar problems then please share some information about the same.

Re: Conviction_game.exe has stopped working

There must be some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. Any application which is installed on the computer has lot of files which are associated to it. For the application to work properly, all the files of the application should work properly. As you are getting the executable file error, it must be corrupt. Hence I would suggest that you remove the game from the computer and delete all the files/keys which are related to the game. Install the game again and see if the game works properly or not.

The game which you are trying to play must not be supported by the operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official website. Check the list and see if the game is listed or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Multicore processors have multiple processing cores which start processing any application together. This function can create problems with some of the applications which are installed on the computer. Try disabling the extra processing cores of the processor while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core, start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes and right click on Game process. Select Set affinity. Remove the extra checkmarks from the processors and click OK. Resume the game and see if the problem persists.

You have a DUAL GPU powered graphic card. There is a high possibility that the Splinter Cell Conviction has some problems with Crossfire or with the Dual GPU's. Many games do not run on the computer powered by dual GPU's as they conflict with the graphic settings of the game. Therefore I would suggest that you check the compatibility of the game with dual GPU systems. If the game is not supported by Dual GPU's then I am afraid that you will have to change the graphic card.

I was also facing the same problem while playing the game. Whenever the game was started, it used to give the same error. I tried reinstalling the game many times but faced the same problem with the game. Finally I updated the drivers for the graphic adapter and then started the game which worked really fine without any errors. Therefore get the graphics driver updated and check if the game is working properly or not.

Are you using a Retail copy of the game? I was also facing the same problem with the game which I downloaded from the internet. It was not a retail copy and hence after installation the game used to crash frequently. Therefore I would suggest that you purchase and install the retail copy of the game to avoid further problems with the game.