Thread: Splinter Cell Conviction 'Ubisoft Registration' popups

Splinter Cell Conviction 'Ubisoft Registration' popups

Hi,
    When I try to play Splinter Cell Conviction game on Ubisoft it shows out a registration popup. But the strange thing is that I had already registered on Ubisoft and the pop up still comes up again and again. I am not able to figure out the reason behind the same. What this can be. I had checked my registration status online and found the same as active.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction 'Ubisoft Registration' popups

I think this can be some kind of spyware on your system. It is possible that the popup come due to that. Do one thing download and install SpyBot Search & Destroy tool. This searches and removes spyware that it detects on your computer. A verification system, Spybot will detect several kinds of unwanted software, such as Trojans and keyloggers, software that monitor and record what is typed with the keyboard.

Yes that can be a virus in your system. Usually once you are registered nothing comes up. I have done the same on my pc and nothing popups here. For that this Spybot tool is really nice. The first single, is designed for novice users. The second, advanced, appropriate for advanced users wishing to perform more specific tasks. In addition to disinfection, Spybot can also prevent spyware that you might could download with Internet Explorer.

Usually there is a reminder file located in the directory of the game. I am not sure about the exact location. But if you have successfully registered then definitely you are have some issue either with the registration or game. Are you using a pirated copy of the game. If yes then the issue is common. Your access might have denied due to which the reminder is popping up.

I too think this might be a virus threat on your system. Run spybot. The tool looks into the registry and the file tree of elements considered sensitive. Not content to detect spyware Spybot Search & Destroy also handles cookies, trojans , connection kits installed without your knowledge, activity recorders (keyloggers), etc. It is possible to exclude the deletion of items that you need.

Run hijack this tool. By accessing the assessment report hijackthis I had in my system found an executable named uwygw was present in data and application in the registry entry was added to automatically launch at startup App. Since I no longer access my registry with regedit, I downloaded another utility to check my database, in this instance: registrar registry manager, through him I can regain access to my database which I deleted this thing enabled in the database, and then I also deleted the program that also stay in application data

I don't think this might be issue from the other side. This can be due to incomplete registration. Try once or else look for solution on the Ubisoft forums. It will be better if you run a spy-ware tool for finding out any similar threat on your system. Check your firewall status and find out out weather the same is not blocking some application on your system.