Thread: Risen 3 - Titan Lords crash to desktop while launching

Risen 3 - Titan Lords crash to desktop while launching

I have just got my hand on the DRM free Retail edition of Risen 3 - Titan Lords game and installed it in my computer. But when ever I am trying to launch the game then it crashes all the time. I am using a Nvidia Titan SLI graphics card and it is already updated to the latest graphics version. All other games are running fine but I dont know why this particular game is not running well. I really want to play this game badly. So can anyone help me out? Thanks

Re: Risen 3 - Titan Lords crash to desktop while launching

Have you tried to install Physx? Also, what is the processor that you are using? The minimum requirement for this Risen 3 - Titan Lords game requires you to have atleast 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor. If anything is below this processor then am afraid that your game will not start although it got installed properly. Still, try to launch the game in compatibility mode and see if that makes any difference. If still nothing, then you have no choice but to upgrade your computer to meet the game's requirement.

Hi guys

I have the same issue here with the retail version (first edition).
    Shortly a Black Screen and then APPCRASH.

I already tried reinstallation and a restart after installation with no success.

I have the latest nvidia drivers for my EVGA GTX580 (GeForce driver 340.52), all system requirements arer fullfiled!

Quote Originally Posted by evilfranky View Post
    Hi guys

I have the same issue here with the retail version (first edition).
    Shortly a Black Screen and then APPCRASH.

I already tried reinstallation and a restart after installation with no success.

I have the latest nvidia drivers for my EVGA GTX580 (GeForce driver 340.52), all system requirements arer fullfiled!
    Did you try to verify the game cache and then restarted Steam. Also, can you try to set the game exe file to Run as Administrator only?

I would first of all suggest you to disable SLI first and then try to launch Risen 3 game. You see, most of the new games now a days dont support SLI feature. So you end up removing the SLI function from your system and use only 1 graphics card to play this game. If this doesnt work then try to launch the game in Windowed mode which might give you chance to play the game. Remember to update all drivers for your system including for audio, usb, chipset along with the graphics drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mario2 View Post
    Did you try to verify the game cache and then restarted Steam. Also, can you try to set the game exe file to Run as Administrator only?
    I have the retail non-steam version.

Also, can you try to set the game exe file to Run as Administrator only?
    I already tried this.

In the meantime I found a temporary fix. But a really ugly one:
    Start->Execute type in msconfig and in tab boot->advanced set the number of processors to 4. Then I did a restart and it is working!
    Remember the whole system is running only on 2 physically processor cores with this solution!!!

Seems to be a problem with multicore processors (I use a i7 980X with six cores)

Can you try to Verify Game Cache Files and see if that helps:
    1. Load Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Source: - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335