Thread: Gameux.dll missing error

Gameux.dll missing error

Hi,
    I am using windows xp on my system. I had installed Wow it and now I want to start the game. But I get always the error message in the folder system32 gameux.dll can not be found. I have heard this is to play net server, and therefore lack the thing out of home. However, I have no bock again to make everything new and want to ask me once if anyone knows a solution for my problem. Does system restore fixes this issue. How to get a lost restore point.

Re: Gameux.dll missing error

To access System Restore, click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System restore. The other option is click on start > run and type cmd. Then type regsvr32 gameux.dll and hit enter. I am attaching the file to this post which will help you directly copy paste the file in the system 32 folder of Windows. After that just reboot your system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is a dll file which belongs to critical windows system. The system when alerts you about this file which either missing or damaged then you can simply download the file from dll files site. It is a 754 kb file which you have to copy paste in system 32 folder. Reboot your system and check back. Or else run an windows repair process before further issue.

It is a simple file missing which is not a big issue on your system. You can perform a system restore option. Windows Xp consistently records the changes made on the system, it is creating restore points. These restore points are created automatically during upgrade or installation of programs but may at any time force the creation of new restore points it is advisable to make a bit before doing any particular which could destabilize the system. If the system becomes unstable or displays at start of many error messages on the device or configuration, you can restore a previous system more stable.

The restore point can be found in files located in the compressed folder \ System Volume Information \ _restore (3F0FF7BD-3011-490D-93F0-E547DA4D4FDE) then in subfolders RPxx (restore point) each corresponding to a restore point. The saved files when creating a restore point is listed in the directory Filelist.xml system32 \ restore.These restore points occupy a certain amount of disk space, and amount of restore points stored depends on the size of the disk on which Windows XP is installed.

It is also possible to undo restoration. By this you revert back to old settings back again in case of any further error. For that run system restore and then go to the first page where it will offer you a option for undo last restoration. Select that and click on next. You will see a list of message on the screen and the restoration will be done.

I will recommend you to upgrade DirectX on your system. Just checkout that the hardware acceleration is enabled on your system. I will recommend you to get the latest Direct X support on your system. It is corrupt dll file which is need to be fixed. You can download the dll file directly from internet and run the file setup. Usually if there is a major error then you need to fix Windows.