Thread: Sd card not working in wii

Sd card not working in wii

I am using a 1 GB SD card in my wii. Also it was working absolutely fine from past few months. Recently i have purchased a new SD card of 4 GB memory. Whenever i try to use it using it with my nintendo wii it always give me an error message that the Item in the Sd holder cannot be used. can you tell me how to make this Sd card working in wii

Re: Sd card not working in wii

An SD and SDHC memory card can be used to store Wii-related data such as game save information, certain data from the Wii Channel applications, and to transfer compatible data (such as digital photos and MP3s/AACs) to the Wii console from other devices. If you have Wii Menu 4.0, you'll get the SD Card Menu which will allow you to launch games and Wii Channels directly from the SD Card Menu.

It appears as your Nintendo wii has been not working correctly because of some hardware issue. Hence i would suggest you to send your device to the Service center and then get your device repaired after repairing the device should get your device back to work. Hopefully this will fix this matter.

I would like to know whether your wii console has been updated recently. Since the latest firmware have this i would suggest you to install the latest firmware updates. Although without these updates your system can support only sd card upto 2 GB of sd card. Hope that you will fix this issue soon.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If Your system have an SD card reader then i will suggest you yo format the SD card and then remember not to format it in the NTFS. Usually the FAT or FAT 32 will help you the most since they are supported by Nintendo wii. If your computer does not have an SD card then install the same in your digital camera and format it in the device.

Dylan18 Guest

I have the same problem