Thread: Wii is freezing... Can it be fixed?

Wii is freezing... Can it be fixed?

I am facing a weird problem now a days with my Wii. Actually, the Wii is freezing and I want to know that can it be fixed? Will the repairing cost be expensive, if it has to be done?
    The situation that I am facing is that all the games that are played from the discs freeze after playing for about 15 minutes. There is no such issues with the games that are played directly, that is the ones that are downloaded.
    Please help me with all your valuable replies and suggestions as soon as possible.
    http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1135890.htm

Re: Wii is freezing... Can it be fixed?

I am facing a similar issue that the Wii is freezing. I am having an older model, which one is yours? Anyways, the screen turns to black completely, so that I am not able to play anything. It works for less than 10 minutes. I am not able to understand why this is happening and I have not been able to get a perfect solution for the same. If anyone has any solution is expected to reply.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Dust in the console

Hello there, there may be a great amount of dust in the console. This is the main reason why the Wii is freezing. So, you will have to clean it. This can be done with a very simple method, that is to blow up some air into it. Remember that if you use some compressed air, it will help you to clean the console in a very good manner.
    Wish you all the best!!!!

A firmware issue

It seems that the Wii is freezing is related to a firmware issue. As you are using an older model of the Wii, I guess that the warranty will be over by now. So, better give it to be fixed or repaired. Just to mention that there can be some great costs involved, as the main cause of the issue is not clear directly. This is the better and only method to get rid of the situation because if you try to play with the Wii settings yourself, there can be other issues too.

Re: Wii is freezing... Can it be fixed?

I would suggest that you must use the Customer Service that Nintendo provides to clear pout the problem that the Wii is freezing. They will provide some solution to eradicate the situation, that you are facing with your console. It is also possible that they might send some person to your place to fix the problem, if it seems to be very severe to them.
    The Customer Service number of Nintendo is 1-800-255-3700
    Last edited by Hitman22; 25-04-2010 at 01:56 AM.