Thread: Mass Effect 2 lag problems

Mass Effect 2 lag problems

Hi,
    I am trying to install Mass Effect 2 on my laptop. I have a Dell Laptop which supports all latest games. At first when the game was successfully installed, it lags on the video output. The reason for the same was old graphic driver. So I reduced the resolution to lowest. Now after adding the most latest drivers of Nvidia in the laptop the game still lags in high resolution. I had increased the FPS to full for better quality. But the game lags. How to fix this.

Re: Mass Effect 2 lag problems

I too have a similar issue in my Studio XPS13 laptop. I have a Nvidia 9500M GPU card with latest drivers installed in it. I had updated the same a couple of weeks above. Now if I increase the game resolution then the same lags in between. I had tried various tools and updates to fix the issue but nothing helps here. I think my system does not fits the game needs.

The video modes you mention will not give you quiet a nice performance on the game. Nvidia 9400M supports only a minimum resolution. You will need a higher version of graphic support for that. In comparison to 9500GT the desktop version of 9500M is much higher in graphic support. Your GPU is weaker in this matter and you might now able to play the game in full resolution.

That is right the mobile version of 9500 graphic series is much weaker as compare to desktop version. Your game will lag definitely in full screen and multiplayer mode. You can upgrade that card to a higher version, but that is going to cost you a good money. Although a basic resolution like the Window setup can allow you to play the game for some while.

I am too playing my old games on 800 x 600 settings of video output. The reason is that my laptop does not have a good graphic support. If I tries to increase the resolution or fps then the games lags. That spoils the joy. I am running Mass Effect 2 at 30-40 fps this moment. It is low but at least you can play the same. Sometime it goes below 10-20fps for a better functioning. Can do nothing here.

Get a fresh driver update and try back. Stop all background services from your laptop. Mass Effect 2 is a new game and has demanding system requirement. A minimum of 1GB card is needed for full game support with 4GB Ram support. You can try to get a fresh upgrade for your laptop or else try the same on any desktop PC. Here is a small tip which might help you. Run the game and then Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. In the task manager go to Process tab and then click on massefffect2.exe. Here click on Set Affinity and just check the first CPU. Unchecked the second one. Reboot and try.