Thread: MassEffect2Config.exe missing

MassEffect2Config.exe missing

Hi,
    I had installed Mass Effect 2 game on my Windows 7 PC. Now the issue is that when I try to run the configuration utility of this game I got a error message. The error is The following file could not be found - C:\Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2Config.exe. I had searched in each and every folder of Mass Effect game directory to locate such file. How to fix this.

Re: MassEffect2Config.exe missing

I will recommend you to re-install the game back again. Because though it does not showed up in the setup the game file is either missing or damaged. You cannot access it till you have properly installed everything back again without error. It is not possible to get the file manually. You can run a repair option from the Installation disc to fix this matter.

You are forgetting. There are two disc which comes with Mass Effect 2. You have run the first setup from the first disc and left the Disc 2. Insert that disc and then again run the setup. I was too facing the similar issue where on this forum I found that we need to run the setup from both disc to let game installed fully. Otherwise the same does not work.

Insert the second disc of the game and there you can find a zip file called apps.rar. Copy this and extract the file to the location which is mentioned in your error. Then for DLC you will need to run a fresh installation for this. The new updated patch available for Mass Effect 2 is Patch 1.01. It is for various bugs and glitches in the game. The patch is really helpful.

I had attached the config.exe file to this post. The file is divided into two parts. Just download it first and extract all in a single folder. Then extract all the file in the location which is mentioned in the error which is, C:\Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2Config.exe. Copy paste all the files here, reboot your system and run the game again. It will work now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can try various solutions here to fix the game installation issue. First you can re-install the game completely to change those corrupted files. Second you can download teh config.exe files for Mass Effect 2 manually from internet. The same is available in most of the site. The manual installation of such files make the game work in most of the case.