Thread: Mass Effect 2 wont install due to PhysX System Software Update

Mass Effect 2 wont install due to PhysX System Software Update

Hi,
    Whenever I run the setup of Mass Effect 2 it prompt he to download Physx System Software update in my PC. After when I give next it gives out a error saying unable to access file location.something like that. If talking about my system configuration then I have a Quad Core processor, 4GB RAM support and 1GB Nvidia Graphic support. This looks fit for the game, then why does this error appears.

Re: Mass Effect 2 wont install due to PhysX System Software Update

I had downloaded the Physx update manually from Nvidia site. After installing the same the game does not ask for the Phsyx update. And the installation process also completes successfully. Usually this might be some needed upgrade which is quiet necessary as per the game requirement. Just visit Nvidia site and download that update manually.

Just check once what is the minimum system requirement for the game. What is needed actually to run the game. In case of Physx you will need to get a fresh download from the official site. In your case there can be two reasons behind your problem. First you might not have internet connection due to which the installer is not able to get download from the site and second your Physx update might be too old. Run the update manually and check back.

Nvidia has offers a new driver PhysX bound for the Ageia PhysX card but also for the Geforce cards. The new driver offers the integration of PhysX settings in Nvidia control panel as was the case on 181.20. This last minute change can offer a PhysX driver without having to make the update graphics driver. Among the improvements, it can be solving a problem when activating the latest PhysX card GTX 285 and GTX 295 and a problem with Hybrid SLI PhysX configuration.

In addition to improved compatibility with the video game Mirror's Edge, the latest drivers GeForce 181.22 WHQL brought such an upgrade component PhysX System Software, which passed for the occasion in version 9.0. However, it seems to be a little bug slipped into the setup of the PhysX 9.0 which indeed sometimes refuses to install correctly on operating systems.

We could trust the usual practices for NVIDIA to follow up on this case and, through an update of its PhysX driver, the chameleon has introduced a new measure-cons to stop the functioning hybrid. Bad luck, again, users have been the strongest since a new patch just to see the day. Just try out for the recent updates on the Nvidia site and install the same, that will fix your game.