Thread: Stuttering problem with Bad Company 2

Stuttering problem with Bad Company 2

I have setup a new desktop computer at my place which I got assembled as per my requirements. I have installed Windows 7 operating system. I have installed Battlefield: Bad Company 2 game on my computer last week. It was initially running very slow and used to sometimes get hanged. So then I got a nVidia geForce 8800 GTS 512MB graphic card. But now the game stutters. It has hardly been two months that I have played the game. What can be the reason for this ?

Re: Stuttering problem with Bad Company 2

There seems to be an issue with the graphic card. Usually when the installed game lags or stutters or hangs in between it is usually got something to do with the graphic card. Possibly it can that the card is loosely fitted in its socket. So first of all power off the system and open the computer chassis. Now remove the graphic card out from its socket and then fix it back in making sure the card does not bend. Then boot your system and this should work for you.

I have installed Battlefield- Bad Company II on my Windows 7 desktop and this runs without stuttering or lagging. So the issue is not at all with your installed operating system. I suggest you to update the video card drivers as this might be the cause your game stutters. Also check you have installed the required DirectX version for the game.

re-install Bad Company 2

There was this same problem which I had to face after installing Bad Company 2 video game on my HP Pavilion p600 computer. Even though I had the required hardware and software specification for the game, the game never got along without freezing in between and stuttering through out. I finally resorted to re-install the game and this just worked for me. So try re-installing the game.

from my point of view the issue is with some system incompatibility. SO here are the System Requirements of Battlefield Bad Company 2:
    • Operating system: Windows XP (or above)
    • ATI video card: Radeon HD 5850
    • Nvidia video card: Geforce GTX 260
    • AMD Processor: Phenom 9100e Quad-Core
    • Intel Processor: Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    • RAM Memory: 2 GB
    • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
    • Direct X: 9
    Also I suggest you to use ATI Radeon video card because there have been many issues noted with nVidia video cards. I am using ATI Radeon HD 4670 video card and there are no issues while gaming with it.