Thread: Frequent Crashes After Kasumi DLC in Mass Effect 2

Frequent Crashes After Kasumi DLC in Mass Effect 2

Hi,
    I had just purchased Kasumi DLC for Mass Effect 2 game at $7. I had downloaded the same successfully without any error. The DLC is quiet nice with some new weapons and addons. But it is not working in my pc. The time from when I had installed this DLC, my game crashes when I try to load this mission. Before that it was working fine. What to do here.

Re: Frequent Crashes After Kasumi DLC in Mass Effect 2

That can be due to some file corruption in the game. You will need re-install the DLC again. That is the only way to fix the old file. Just run the setup and then try back to launch the game. If the game only crashes in this DLC then it means that you have downloaded a corrupt file. You will need to get a fresh copy of the same from the official site.

Just remove the DLC and then reinstall it properly again. Checkout for the errors. Before that go in the director of Mass Effect 2 which is located in the Program files and delete the folder of Kasumi DLC. Select this folder and press Shift + Delete. Once done run the game and then check back. If the game does not crash that means the DLC has damaged files.

In my game also after adding the Kasumi DLC the error occurred. By game too crashes where I need to run the Task Manager and then end the process of the game. I had facing frequent crashes after adding the DLC. Only after rebooting forcefully the PC came back to normal. I am not going to add this DLC again in the game. I think there might be some patch for this.

Use the installation disc of Mass Effect and run the repair process for the game. It will occurs when you run the setup of the game. Here you can see some options of removal and installation. Choose Repair and try back to run the game. If still the game crashes the the DLC is no working properly or may have some damaged file. You will need to get a fresh download for that.

In my case this happens after adding the DLC where my screen went blank. I am right now using Windows XP with 4 GB Ram support and a Nvidia graphic card. I had reinstalled the game and updated my video drivers. Then after a while I had run the DLC setup again and now the game works. I did know the exact cause of this problem, but can be due to buggy DLC.