Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-04-2010

ME2 Black Screen on Startup

Hi,
This morning for the 2nd time I am trying to install Mass Effect 2 and when I launch the game again again a black screen appears. I had not able to figure out the issue behind this. I have a Windows Vista Pc with GPU support. Does this can be also due to low hardware configuration. I will try re-installation some other time again, before that I need some troubleshooting tips.
Old 20-04-2010

Re: ME2 Black Screen on Startup

I had faced a similar issue on my PC while setting up Age of Empire II. I have a Windows 7 PC. After some research on various I figure out that this is due to low hardware configuration. I have a low end graphic support where my system was not able to render the graphic and due to which the screen goes blank. The only solution is add up a higher version of graphic support.
Old 20-04-2010

Try to update your video software. It is possible that your graphic drivers may be outdated due to which it is not able to output the graphic. Games like Mass Effect 2 are high end graphic games with demanding hardware needs. If that does not fits the needs then you cannot play the game. Updating new video drivers fix the matters in most of the cases.
Old 20-04-2010

Download and install the latest version of Direct X. I have a HP laptop in that I was trying to install a nice 3d graphic game. But there was not internet support so it prompted for Direct X update. I had downloaded the same manually and now the game works fine. I am not sure about your system. But at least you can give a try for the same. Download the same and run it.
Old 20-04-2010

Run a repair process for the game. For this you will need to run the setup again and the in the installation menu you can choose repair. Your damaged files will be overwritten and works in most of the cases. Also try to install latest video drivers for your system. I will before that recommend you first go through the minimum system requirement for the game.
Old 20-04-2010

Test your RAM with memtest and see that weather it is working fine or not. In my case my RAM was not properly supported the game due to which there was a black screen after the game launch and nothing happens. Second thing check that you might have set the resolution for the game too high which your monitor does not supports. Try to fix that.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,