Thread: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi NSIS Error

Mass Effect 2 Kasumi NSIS Error

Hi,
    I had recently downloaded Kasumi Stole Memory DLC for Mass Effect 2. I had downloaded the same properly and run the setup. But I am getting NSIS error message again and again every time whenever I run the setup. I am not able to figure out the exact cause behind the same. Does this is a virus issue or my system is corrupted. What to do here.

Re: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi NSIS Error

I had too faced a similar issue on Kasumi DLC. I had downloaded the same where after some tiem I found that the installation of this DLC is either corrupted or incomplete. I had downloaded again a new DLC from other source and now I had successfully able to skip the error issue. It is due to bad installation file which is causing the problem in your game.

I think this issue can only be fixed by re-installation the DLC. There is error in the setup only due to which you are not able to add this content to your game. Try a fresh re-installation and then checkback the error. It is usually related to Windows based error. Here you can disable Windows Error reporting option which will stop bothering you again and again.

No need to verify the hashes, the problem does not just download of the game. NSIS stands for Nullsoft Scriptable Install System which is a setup developed by Nullsoft. In your case, all programs using this system seems to crash. It is possible that your installation should not be complete. No errors during installation. You have to check back the installation again. Try to run a repair installation.

I still falls on the NSIS Error. So when I download the file via another PC and installed on the same PC, no problem. I have never encountered this problem during the game play of Mass Effect 2 on my PC. My motherboard has Nvidia GPU support and I had also re-installed all the new drivers and updated the same. Now it works and I hope the error will not appear back.

NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a free system for creating installers for Windows. It has been designed to be as flexible as possible and to permit distribution of software over the Internet.An installer is safe and effective is something important for users during the first installation, so NSIS to install the software as you want. You can download that manually.