Thread: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory error "failed to authenticate the disc"

Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory error "failed to authenticate the disc"

Hello, I have installed the latest DLC of Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory and when I trying to install it I get an error message saying that "failed to authenticate the disc". I am on Windows XP and with 2gb ram and video card hd 3870. I am able to play the Mass Effect 2 game all alone but not its DLC, can anyone help me out please. Thanks

Re: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi Stolen Memory error "failed to authenticate the disc"

From where did you download the Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC? Is it a legit copy? If so then I suppose while launching the game Mass Effect 2, you get an automatic update kind of thing that lets you download the DLC inside your pc all along. If this is not the case then I assume that you will have to buy the DLC separately.

EA / Bioware have announced the price of the next Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC for Mass Effect 2 at a price of 560 points Bioware for the PC version (4.88 €) and 560 Microsoft Points for the Xbox360 version (+ € 6). Once purchased, you can download the DLC from the network Cerberus, on the Bioware Social Network, via the menu of the game.

The DLC's most interesting for me so far.
    It's fun to run a Shepard without weapons or armor in evening dress but looks forward to retrieve its equipment (not bad snap on the statue).
    After the rest of the mission is fairly standard, even if the price is high, there is fun ... I would recommend anyone to buy this.

I know a solution for "failed to authenticate the disc" error message when installing the Kasumi Stolen Memory DLC pack. You just need to copy the mass effect launcher which is in the main folder and mass effect2.exe as well as mass effect configuration which is in the binaries folder to some other folder before using the install setup for Kasumi Stolen Memory. After it is setup you then just need to replace all this files to the same place. Hope that helps.

This problem occurs only because after the installation of the Kasumi Stolen Memory, the mass effect.exe gets replaced or updated to a newer version. So you just need to make sure to disable cerberus and then run the DLC. After installing the dlc, then only run the game or you will get the error message every now and then.