Thread: Need information on using Kinect Hub

Need information on using Kinect Hub

I am using Xbox 360 and playing games on it. Recently I heard about Microsoft new technology Kinect that it allows us to play games without using controller. It recognizes our body gestures and considers our body as a controller, so that we can control Kinect using gestures. So I recently purchase Microsoft Kinect, but I need information regarding Kinect hub so that I could control my Xbox 360 using body gestures or voice commands. So please provide me with this information.

Re: Need information on using Kinect Hub

When your Kinect sensor is connected to Xbox, then you can play games without using controller, i.e. playing games by body movements. Any time you can open Kinect Hub just by waving your hands over it. But this needs that your elbow should be bended upside and your arm should face the sensor. After this you should wave it left side and right side. As you do this Kinect hub gets ready to open, while opening it shows a processing circle which lets you know that Kinect hub is getting opened.

Similarly if you want to open Kinect hub by giving voice command, then you have to speak Xbox when you are at Xbox dashboard and then you need to say Kinect , so that Hub would get opened. You can also select Kinect hub from My Xbox when you at Xbox dashboard. If in case you want to select any items from Kinect hub then you have to face your hand towards sensor, so that you would be able to see a hand icon on the screen, and then to select any item just place your hand over that item for few second.

Kinect has an inbuilt speech recognizer, which allows you to give voice commands to Kinect. It has a list of all the voice commands, which are related to some activity. As mentioned in the above example saying Kinect opens up Kinect hub. Likewise if you say Avatar Editor then it would open avatar editor screen fro which you may select avatar. You can get list of these commands, when you say Xbox at Kinect hub and then list of commands are displayed on the speech bar.

You are having Xbox guide which helps you to get some information related to it. Similarly Kinect also comes with Kinect guide which provides you with the information like troubleshooting Kinect. Kinect guide can be opened when you pose your body straight with your arms down then raise left arm 45 degree upwards. As you hold for this pose for few seconds, Kinect guide would open up and then you can get information regarding messages, friends and achievements.