Thread: Red Alert 1 Installation on Windows XP

Red Alert 1 Installation on Windows XP

Posted this in tech support as well but this section is also a relevant area....

I re-program games IE i re-program Stronghold Crusader to work on apple computers and do other such things however this is not related to that at all thats just a glimpse to what i do.

I work on classic games quite frequently and i have encountered a problem i never have before and cannot fix it.
    RA 95 EXE installation compatibility
    Run 256 colors CHECK
    Run 680/540 Pixels CHECK
    Disable visual Themes CHECK

Run platform windows 95

Apply

Installation complete successfully

Restarting computer...

Double click

RA95.exe

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I fix classic games to work and this is a shock to me 0 progress to fix it, in 20 forums i have seen 1 reply to my asking for help that they have seen this as well. I am hoping someone here has not only seen the problem but found a solution.

Steps taken so far

Sold computer
    Purchased to windows XP computer with all proper capabilities to run it(except no internet this time).

run RA95.exe

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Hypothesis: Problem is in allignment with CD, this problem occurs for all three RA1, CS, AM

Use new RA1 soldout software version ditto on problem

stumped...

trying to get a modem close enough to connect to DL patchs however patchs didnt help before and i doubt they will on this computer.

Have now ordered new game, even though i have plenty in stock not planning on opening new ones from 1997 as value for those is over $100

Re: Red Alert 1 Installation on Windows XP

I had tried the same where I faced the installation issue. I had found a small solution for this on forum. I hope this might can help you out. For this right click on the shortcut icon of Red Alert and then choose properties. Now go to Compatibility tab and from there you will have to choose Windows 95. Now double click on the setup file and run the setup. This worked in my case.