Thread: UT3 + OpenAL HW acceleration crash

UT3 + OpenAL HW acceleration crash

Hi,
    I just bought UT3 which crashed in campaign mode. This has happened many time first if I keep the game on full cinematic and second when OpenAL hardware acceleration is turned on. I was able to skipper the first, the intro part but after the first game same thing crashing now. I play in 1280 x 1024 with graphics levels has the penultimate level. In game mode no immediate worries, so I do not think that APS AC can come from these parameters

XP Guest

Re: UT3 + OpenAL HW acceleration crash

One question, there are ways to access task manager or the PC is completely blocked. If the manager is available this would be a good idea to see the size of the log file. If it is large enough there may have been a problem of infinite loop. You can checkout the log file for the specific system generating crash on your game. Try to reinstall the entire game again.

You must edit the file UTEngine.ini whcih is located in My Documents > My Games > Unreal Tournament 3 > UTGame > Config and change the line in PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled = False = True. Open the file with notepad and press Search to find the right line For me it works as long as it lasts. Reboot and check back.

Try to download and install the latest version of OpenAL and then check back. In my case it crashed on upon restart I updated the same to new version. It worked. If you are using vista the the issue can related to the DirectSound. OpenAL install this automatically while running the installation. But in some cases if it is removed from the pc the game crash on some modes.

ATI still surprises me to this game and the only one among my people, antialiasing is activated only if the AI is enabled, disabled because I had it done badly with the crossfire but apparently it can be turn and leave it on without it standard bug. So I tested with the AI enabled and the max and the game crashes and surprise after 5 minutes, I'll try now left with the AI on standard, I cross my fingers, aliasing makes me sick.

Apparently the game is very unstable with certain ATI cards when the vertical sync and antialiasing filter and the catalyst control center anysotropique are activated, I did a test with full respawn it has not crashed, it would seem this game is no problem with creative audio support. You will need to run a current update for the game and check back its working.